• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

E-brake/ parking brake return spring???

Hey, I have a 2nd gen and the driver side e-brake Return spring has been worn from not being attached within the drum.Just got off the phone with Dodge and they say they do not make this part and the parts store says the part is dealer only.What is it actually called and what is the part number?Where can I get one?

So the only thing I can think is that the cable from Dodge has it or they do not make it anymore...

Salvage yard only parts are sooo fun.

Thank you for your quick responses.

Guess I will call or go see Dodge and see if the new cable they sell has one on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Discontinued part, where does one find dis continued parts.

Went to Dodge and they have discontinued this part.

They have all the shoes and levers but have discontinued the springs.

Auto parts stores have all the springs except this one, Hmmm...

• 5 years later...

I haven't located this spring either. My truck is a 2001 Ram 2500 with a NV5600 and HO Cummins. It sucks not having a functional parking brake, especially in a cold weather state with an inclined driveway.

I recently learned this spring may have been used in some other Chrysler vehicles. The details on the spring and the other vehicles you might be able to get it from at your local junk yard below.

Here's the info I found about the spring:

Original Part Number = 05010008AA.

Seen on Mopar websites listed as:
-Spring. Right or Left. Parking brake cable: 5010008AA
-05010008AA = parking brake tension spring. Or 5010008AA.

My local dealer says discontinued in 2015.
Weight = 0.19
Length = 11
Width = 0.62
Height = 0.62

Measurements in inches/pounds I believe.

Part also found in:
-Dodge Ram 2500 2000-2001 10 Cyl 8.0L, 6 Cyl 5.9L Diesel, 8 Cyl 5.9L
Quad Cab 2WD, Quad Cab 4WD, Regular Cab 2WD, Regular Cab 4WD, Regular Cab Chassis 2WD, Regular Cab Chassis 4WD

-Dodge Ram 3500 2000-2001 10 Cyl 8.0L, 6 Cyl 5.9L Diesel, 8 Cyl 5.9L

Quad Cab 2WD, Quad Cab 4WD, Regular Cab 2WD, Regular Cab 4WD, Regular Cab Chassis 2WD, Regular Cab Chassis 4WD 

-Dodge Ram Van 1998-2003 6 Cyl 3.9L, 8 Cyl 5.2L, 8 Cyl 5.9L

Ram 1500 Conversion, Ram 1500 VAN, Ra

-Possibly in Chrysler Sebring 1997

• Like 1

That spring makes sure the cable follows what the shoes/ PB pedal are doing to keep the cable tight.... not bowstring tight but just nice. Doesn't look broken to me in picture. It just sits between PB lever and cable outer/backplate so its been discontinued cos any compression spring same length and resistance will work as it just needs to push lever /cable back to off position 

I don't believe the spring in the pic is broken. Without it the parking brake pedal will not return to a disenganged position when the release lever is pulled. My springs are missing completely. So, I can engage the parking brake from the cab, but I can't disengage it. I have plans to visit an auto salvage yard tomorrow where there are supposed to be 3 Dodge Ram vans that should have this spring. If I'm lucky I'll get 2 usuable ones. If I do I'll try to post pics of it both on its own and installed.

• 11 months later...