• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
turbowine

fuel press gauge install ?

don't know if this is the right place to ask this , how hard is it to install a elec fuel press gauge ? looks like i have to put it in the bottom of the fuel filter canister ? also how hard is it to do a raptor or air dog with changing all the fittings and droping the tank ? im not that bad with mechanics , i did the a/c evap in the truck and the a/c compresor

Neither is hard to do. I spent a day installing my AD working in the yard and had to pull the tank twice, my screw up. The gauge only took 2 or 3 hours as I remember, mine is mechanical and not electric. Should not be problem it is just turning wrenches.

Just take things slow and double check everything. The worst is running out of time and cutting a project short. Usually messes everything up. Neither of these projects is all that difficult. Make sure you use a snubber or needle valve on the sending unit for the gauge. Otherwise, your sender wont last very long from the water hammer on the sender.

I went to a local ACE's and bought a proper sized needle valve for my gauge. I also installed it right before the VP44. You could attach it at the OEM filter canister housing, but I bypassed mine due to restrictions in that part of the system. Installing the gauge and AD is easy. Just follow the supplied instructions and it should be straightforward. I believe as long as you do not go bigger than an AD100, you do not need to drop the tank. Unless you want to do a draw straw mod or revised fuel basket mod like I did for my AD165. Other than the instructions, the only other deviation is the aforementioned modification. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/general-cummins/36-fuel-system/34-fuel-pressure-gauge-and-water-hammer-effects

thanks guys , hex im going to have to drop the tank cause i have a in tank pump now and i would prob do the draw straw 5 i just dont want to take a diesel bath:lmao: