• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

fuel press gauge install ?

don't know if this is the right place to ask this , how hard is it to install a elec fuel press gauge ? looks like i have to put it in the bottom of the fuel filter canister ? also how hard is it to do a raptor or air dog with changing all the fittings and droping the tank ? im not that bad with mechanics , i did the a/c evap in the truck and the a/c compresor

Neither is hard to do. I spent a day installing my AD working in the yard and had to pull the tank twice, my screw up. The gauge only took 2 or 3 hours as I remember, mine is mechanical and not electric. Should not be problem it is just turning wrenches.

Just take things slow and double check everything. The worst is running out of time and cutting a project short. Usually messes everything up. Neither of these projects is all that difficult. Make sure you use a snubber or needle valve on the sending unit for the gauge. Otherwise, your sender wont last very long from the water hammer on the sender.

I went to a local ACE's and bought a proper sized needle valve for my gauge. I also installed it right before the VP44. You could attach it at the OEM filter canister housing, but I bypassed mine due to restrictions in that part of the system. Installing the gauge and AD is easy. Just follow the supplied instructions and it should be straightforward. I believe as long as you do not go bigger than an AD100, you do not need to drop the tank. Unless you want to do a draw straw mod or revised fuel basket mod like I did for my AD165. Other than the instructions, the only other deviation is the aforementioned modification. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/general-cummins/36-fuel-system/34-fuel-pressure-gauge-and-water-hammer-effects