• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel and Boost Gauges IN!!

Well I got my ISSPRO 3 gauge pack in and I got it installed. I ran into some problems but gave Michael a call and he helped me sort some things out that I wasn't paying attention to. I ran out of time at my shop and daylight but went on a test drive at the airport and Airdog 150 is holding rock solid 18psi at idle and 15.5psi WOT in 4th gear pull. I am also pulling 21psi peak boost on my stock truck and I think that is pretty good. All in all I am really happy with the Airdog and the ISSPRO gauges. I will try to finish up the EGT and lights and maybe a video if any one is interested tomorrow. Thanks again Mike! 

• Like 1

Hmm, for an HO I would have expected a liitle more in boost... Not saying anything is wrong, but just an observation. You've got the basics, now its time to ante' up!

I thought the stock configs are around 20-22psi even if it's a SO or an HO

I just got my ev1 few weeks ago, love em. make sure to use a needle valve that is barely cracked open for fuel gauge.I can get 32 psi without qwad, and 45 with, for boost. and fuel stays right at 18 all the time. I believe anything over 35 on boost is a waste with stock turbo.

It came with an isolator so I don't have to worry about that.

Be careful there. Once you start adding fuel it doesn't take much to over spin the turbo. I would highly suggest getting a boost elbow so you can set the boost pressure. Rather cheap at about $10-20 dollars typically.

I got one coming! I am in the market for an Edge EZ. How do I know how much boost to run with that?

IMHO, don't waste your time with an EZ. Get a COMP and be done with it.

I have a boost elbow on mine and with what I have, I have ran 35psi of boost on my stock turbo. I can't really seem to get it to go more then that, haha. A boost elbow is going to cause you to run MORE boost. It restricts the amount of air that flows to the wastgate.

I believe by the picture he does not need to worry about any air getting to his waste gate. A boost elbow would however make sure it opens before he tries to push to much air thru the turboo. 35 psi is the most that turbo is going to handle, HX or HY that is.

• Like 1

• Owner

Well in the current configuration (unhooked wastegate) its going to perform poorly as it reaches close to 20 PSI its starts to defuel and fall on its face.

I got one coming! I am in the market for an Edge EZ. How do I know how much boost to run with that?

Not worth the effort. Like said above do a full Edge Comp and be done. Fully adjustable in the cab and will produce a full 32-35 PSI of boost with a Edge Products boost elbow. (typically supplied with the Comp).

I believe by the picture he does not need to worry about any air getting to his waste gate. A boost elbow would however make sure it opens before he tries to push to much air thru the turboo. 35 psi is the most that turbo is going to handle, HX or HY that is.

By his picture, the previous owner's mod is there version of a boost elbow. A bad one, at that! Like you said, atleast the elbow will open it up before it causes problems...

Well, it could. If your MAP sensor is working properly, the ECU should see that it is getting more boost than stock parameters and should defuel.

So when I get the boost elbow and install it with that hose coming off my waste gate connected to it, how do I adjust it to 19psi? Trial and error? I mean when I get on the go pedal the truck doesn't feel like it noses over that I am aware of.

• Owner

I've got an extra boost elbow if you want it. But if you use it to produce boost over a certain amount, you will get a CEL and throw an overboost code. IIRC, there is an boost fooler mod you can do without buying a chip.

One small problem is that this little mod does keep it from throwing a check engine light but it stops the fueling table at where the boost ended. Basically its a voltage regulator set for about 18-19 PSI of boost. So when your boost exceeds this now you boost heavy and fuel poor. So boost keeps climbing but fuel stopped at that rate.

This why a good wire tapped box works better because once you exceed the ECM limits the box re-writes the fuel signal on the wire tap to control fuel and timing both. How this is done is by adding pulse before actual to advance timing or lengthen the pulse to add more fuel duration.