• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

RV275 Results...

• Owner

Well so far I'm pleased with the injectors. I've seen to have a very slight miss that is very very mild and rare to occur. But so far I'm enjoying the +2 MPG increase to the fuel mileage. I'm now able to touch 21 MPG with winterized fuel in Idaho... Never done that before... But I got to admit you must be careful with the new found power that comes with the injectors. On wet or icy pavement things can horribly wrong quick. :whistle:

• Like 1

Well so far I'm pleased with the injectors. I've seen to have a very slight miss that is very very mild and rare to occur. But so far I'm enjoying the +2 MPG increase to the fuel mileage. I'm now able to touch 21 MPG with winterized fuel in Idaho... Never done that before... But I got to admit you must be careful with the new found power that comes with the injectors. On wet or icy pavement things can horribly wrong quick. :whistle:

Yep........I found that out in a big hurry after the installation of the Formula 1 Mach 1.6 injectors.

Just a quick note.....Now that you modified the fuel delivery your electronic milage measuring devices are not going to be correct. They are programmed for stock fueling/throttle position rates and now that is altered with different injectors so I would definately be checking it manually from now on to see how much of a diff it will make from the digital readings to the actual calculation.

• Owner

Just a quick note.....Now that you modified the fuel delivery your electronic milage measuring devices are not going to be correct. They are programmed for stock fueling/throttle position rates and now that is altered with different injectors so I would definately be checking it manually from now on to see how much of a diff it will make from the digital readings to the actual calculation.

That's simple just a calibation away... I need to get the funds together... But the SG II can be calibrated for this were the stock overhead if FIXED...

• 1 month later...

I have had a set of RV275 injectors for a number of years now in my 2002. I had them custom built, balanced and pop tested. No miss issues at all. The extra power is a nice kick in the pants. H.O. 2nd gen trucks really wake up with bigger injectors and are especially entertaining when you add a performance box.

• Owner

How does that sgII work? Maybe i will search here i think you talked about it before.

SGII works fairly well normally gives very close numbers to hand calculated as long as you calibrate it and make sure your spped is dead accurate... These 2 numbers are critcal to getting the SG II to display close to true numbers.

Mile Per Gallon Calucation

Speed (Miles Per Hour) / Fuel Usage (Gallons Per Hour) = Miles Per Gallon

Gallons Per Hour Calculation

Speed (Miles Per Hour) / Miles Per Gallon = Fuel Usage (Gallons Per Hour)

Speed Calculation

Fuel Usage (Gallons Per Hour) x Miles Per Gallon = Speed (Miles Per Hour)

Now we will use the examples above to calculate MPG form fuel flow and speed.

65 MPH / 4.39 GPH = 14.80 MPG

I have had a set of RV275 injectors for a number of years now in my 2002. I had them custom built, balanced and pop tested. No miss issues at all. The extra power is a nice kick in the pants. H.O. 2nd gen trucks really wake up with bigger injectors and are especially entertaining when you add a performance box.

As for my miss... I'm sure it has a lot to do that I got them donated from another member and they already had 400K miles on them... But the funny part is I ran a double dose of 2 cycle oil and the miss is nearly gone! Shocker 2 cycle oil cleaned then up rather well... :thumbup2:

• 4 weeks later...