• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Airdog 150 Regulator Spring Issues

• Owner

Once again I found the check ball wedged back into the coils of the spring. I wanted to get a picture by the time I did get the camera the check ball fell out in it own and rolled across the shop floor before I could press the camera button. :banghead: :mad::duh:

So I got a bit more aggressive this time. I added a new twist to the spring I bent the very end of the spring into a L shape inwards so the tip holds the ball from starting into the coils. 

Time will tell... :rolleyes:

I had to do the same thing with my spring 2 weeks ago. For a moment I thought I had some fuel gelling on me but watching the gauge going down the road the pressure kept fluctuating which led me to believe I had a spring issue rather than fuel gelling. So I nursed it the rest of the way home and in -10 degree weather I ripped that sucker out and sure enough the ball was wedged in the spring again. It was a homemade spring to begin with so I took the new spring I had ordrered from Vulcan and used it and kept the old one for a spare.

I need to pull mine before it does this

I thought the ADII has a different set up with the pressure regulator. No ball and spring that is. Mine has been fine since initial set up 3 years ago. Knock wood.

Edited by dripley

I got a brand new airdog in December and I'm wondering if it will be a good while before this happens or is this something I should look into since it has been 70 + degrees here lately? Lol

The spring I had in there was not the right one and was clipped down and is the reason the ball stuck, even though I had the end turned in towards the center. The new spring I ordered from Vulcan is coiled tight enough at the bottom I don't believe it will be an issue but time will tell.