• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Boost Elbow

The edge elbow allows you to build more boost. I would recommend leaving the elbow in and buying a boost fooler :2cents: . I'm sure you are setting some overboosting codes.

Its weird not a over boost code yet. As I was typing that I thought it did about year ago when I took it off but nothing since.

Its weird not a over boost code yet. As I was typing that I thought it did about year ago when I took it off but nothing since.

Are you checking for codes with a scanner or just the key trick? Key trick does not show all of the codes.

when I first pulled the edge off CELL light came on and had it removed. ( this was back when I had bad eng.) I screwed up putting new eng in, we were down to starting eng when I turn switch on and vp was not plugged in lol it threw every code you can think of. But has never threw CELL light since.
I don't put my foot in it to often, I was pulling approx. 15k the other day and it went as high as 22 and no over boost.

My kid was helping me do an oil change about 3yrs ago and while removing the oil filter he somehow broke the boost elbow. I just plugged it off and ran it that way for 2yrs never once got a cel on any of it.

I don't believe overboost will set the CEL, mine never has either. However it set the codes and they are in the computer. Now f you have had the Smarty the whole time it does boost fooling to the ECM and should not even set the code. The ECM will not see the over boost due to the Samrty.

• Like 1