• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Planning A Trip To Chitcago?

dorkweed

This was a JFYI thread!!!  

I wouldn't want, expect, or invite any member here to come to Chitcago and risk their lives………………..for various reasons…………………………but now there's blood-sucking bed-bugs to take into account even if you make it back to your hotel room safely!!!! :duh:  :wow:

Friends of ours just got back a month ago from a trip to Nebraska and brought some of these travelers home with them too, pretty much emptied their house and scrubbed and sanitized every square inch and commercially washed every piece of fabric in the house and had a company come in and fumigate their house on top of it.

Funniest part of it was the "Man" Of the house is a germafobe and almost ADHD about these types of things. :lmao2:

My wife laughs at me but fully understands and agrees because we travel a lot and the first thing I have done for many years when I walk into a hotel room is tear the bed apart and look for signs  critters and give a CSI style look for what may have been subpar cleaning if they didn't change sheets and someone left something behind I don't want to lay on. I travel with my own pillow. I do not put my head on a pillow I don't know the history of ever...........................Too many community spread illnesses out there now.

Edited by Wild and Free

Friends of ours just got back a month ago from a trip to Nebraska and brought some of these travelers home with them too, pretty much emptied their house and scrubbed and sanitized every square inch and commercially washed every piece of fabric in the house and had a company come in and fumigate their house on top of it.

Funniest part of it was the "Man" Of the house is a germafobe and almost ADHD about these types of things. :lmao2:

My wife laughs at me but fully understands and agrees because we travel a lot and the first thing I have done for many years when I walk into a hotel room is tear the bed apart and look for signs  critters and give a CSI style look for what may have been subpar cleaning if they didn't change sheets and someone left something behind I don't want to lay on. I travel with my own pillow. I do not put my head on a pillow I don't know the history of ever...........................Too many community spread illnesses out there now.

That is why I prefer my fiver for traveling!

• Like 1

• Owner

That's why I drag a travel trailer behind the pickup.

That's why I drag a travel trailer behind the truck.

• Staff

If I can't take my camper I just don't go.

I don't miss going to Europe or anywhere else that I cannot bring my camper.

This means no cruise ships :thumb1:

After all..... I'm in the Mountain West so where else is there? :thumbup2:

:2cents: .

Edited by JAG1

HMMMM, 4 hour flight to Florida from ND for 200 bucks each and 200ish for a weeks car rental or drive 1800 miles one way with the cummins pulling our travel trailer would take an entire week to go round trip with no stops not to mention the $1k +- in fuel alone to do it.

My wallet, back side and bad back like the ease of nonstop flight option better than dragging a trailer cross country with my short vacation durations of 7-10 days.

As I get older I have less and less keeping me up here other than my mother in law who my wife is real close to, when she is gone my wife and I surely will be gone for a warmer climate with access to lots of water outside my doorstep for boating and fishing, and the cold is getting harder to put up with every year and I get sick and tired of having to shovel the weather we get. We have been through the mountains all over the west and the only ones that I like are on the Washington peninsula and going up the coast from there into Canada.................But with the Fukashima disaster contaminating the entire west coast that alone will keep me from heading out west.

My wife and I are not desert dry heat lovers. We both love sub tropical climates. The way things are going in this country Belize is looking very inviting as well. :2cents:

If I can avoid it;  I'll hopefully never fly again.  I don't get air sick or anything like that, but the last few times I've flown, I did get that claustrophobic/panic attack feeling.  It didn't help that the pilot did a "touch and go" in Salt Lake City when I was coming back home from Montana 6-7 years ago.  That, coupled with the fact that I choose not to freely surrender my 4th Amendment rights just to fly somewhere leave me driving everywhere from now on.

• Like 1