• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vehicle Black Box Camera

hex0rz

There are times when a video will help, but there are times when a video will hurt. I think they are a good idea, but I don't want to have them mandated by either my insurance company or the government. A lot of people don't realize it but there are 'black boxes' in most if not all newer cars but they don't record video.

• Owner

I tend to agree I hate the idea of all the traffic cameras in Boise and larger cities, I hate the idea of the cops wearing cameras on there shirt recording the traffic stops. I hate the idea of being tracked and recorded. All the laws giving government agencies the ability to record us but prevent us from recording government agents in action...

Don't miss the point of it. This is something you own and control on your own terms. If you don't want to utilize it in a certain situation, you don't have to!

This is not a controlled item by the govt. This is controlled by you. It is for your gain! If I got in a wreck, I could use the data it provides that I was NOT at fault in the accident. If I get a corrupt cop harassing me, I have video, audio proof!

We gotta start fighting fire with fire. When it comes down to your word against theirs, you need more. Even some cops nowadays try and hide their dashcam footage!

Mike, our 1st amendment right trumps those laws! I have seen news coverage of cops trying to arrest people and have for filming them. Courts have upheld it before, but courts have also over turned them as well. Just pray you don't get a liberal judge!

Like I said, I do think they are a good idea AS LONG AS there is no mandate to have them. From what I understand, the reason a lot of Russian drivers have them is because of the way they drive and for protection against insurance fraud.

• Owner

The thing I hate about any kind of recording device is that if anything happens its always seem the law enforcement will get to it first. If they arrest you or if you in a accident your hauled off to a hospital they still get it. Might be a good thing and it might be a very bad thing.

From a guy that scrambles his MAC address, has passwords in excess of 64 characters long, then also block out most site scripts to be sure sites are not tracking me, and knows how to use firewalls properly.

• Like 1

I suppose then the question that needs to be asked is whether or not they can obtain a warrant to seize it as evidence in any case. As one such as this is not accessible to anyone because of their tamper screw. Which I imagine could be defeated. But in a law enforcement stand point would be done illegally by an officer if a warrant was not provided.

Problem is, my trust for law enforcement and the likes is rapidly deteriorating and I want all the protection I can get in the instance I get a bad apple. My father in law got a real sour experience from a cop in Spokane on my wedding day and almost caused him to be late for it.

Some cops go to the extreme and try and hide what they did, and that includes trying to get rid of video evidence on their own dashcam. What then? ...you get your own video evidence. Its not a surefire thing, but it seems like its worth the trouble. ...eh, but I'm just coming at it from a different perspective.