• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo Upgrade?

Thanks for the replies. Do you have any idea how the super B would do egt wise with a smarty/comp stack?

Should be fine ........ but Id go with bigger injectors and timing box like a powerpuck - that way not stressing your vp44

What? Is it only the hotrod vp44's that are able to produce higher HP's? I've heard talk of people cranking 800+ on a vp44...

Only vp44 that will do over ~ 650 is the modified custom builds ... Monster Mike etc. I've heard hotrods going an extra 50-100hp ... but never seen any good threads on it (like actual dyno sheets). Mainly just hear about bad lope and cold starts.

If you want more than 650 - you really have to ppump or monster mike pump. He had problems with a few of his setups too .... but think they are much more stable now (plus he lifetime warranties it).

HOVP44 <SOVP44 <=HRVP <MONSTERMIKE PUMP < PPUMP

(You can hit higher numbers on a vp44 if you spray) - but same for other pumps.

Should be fine ........ but Id go with bigger injectors and timing box like a powerpuck - that way not stressing your vp44

Maybe just the comp with a set of injectors then? I had a powerpuck and it wasn't worth the plastic it was made out of. Will the comp stress the vp badly?