• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anybody Running Dap Injectors?

• 2 months later...

I tow heavy at time now, and have gone from 5 hole 60's to 7 hole 100's and what a difference. Especially with the hx, and boost elbow. So far it also has cured my stalling issues as well.

I can peg 35+lbs of boost now, and all gears the smarty really hauls.

The main thing in theory is that the injector duration is shortened thus leading to better burn.

• Like 1

I just installed a set of DAP 100's a couple weeks ago.  I am a big fan.  I get a pretty clean burn with the exception of hard throttle prior to making boost.  I can drive it pretty much just like I did with stock injectors with very little smoke difference.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have nothing special done to the truck.  The normal upgrades I suppose.  The only thing I have thats not in my sig is the upgraded sticks and I have an aftermarket intake plenum.  I am sure I could tune out all the smoke, but I am still in the testing phase with the sticks to check for leaks and what not, so once I get done with all the initial stuff I will tune it out pretty close to all the way I think.  I think I have enough fuel for a turbo upgrade, but on the same note, not too much for the HX and a boost elbow.  I would be comfortable towing even with the comp on.  High egt's have yet to be a problem for me.

So the DAP's are they new or reman? I think I saw a set of 7 hole remans .009 for $330 on eBay yesterday. Good price? Said they were all balanced & pop tested to 4350PSI if I remember correctly.

Did the aftermarket intake give a noticeable difference? I wonder how much air velocity=hp&tq, a stock one is good for? Such as, good for 500hp?

How much do you tow that your EGT's are not a problem? I don't have a boost or pyro guage & don't know if I ever tow more than 5 or 6K,

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

1st things 1st:  You need some gauges in your truck for a multitude of reasons.  I won't go preaching to you, but I know when I need to replace a belt on my pump just by watching my fuel pressure gauge's abnormal behavior, and how long I can go before that behavior becomes crucial to address.  Things like this make it worthwhile to have gauges. Off the soap box and here ya go.  My particular injectors are my own, I sent off a set and had them completely redone top to bottom by DAP, new nozzles installed and sent back.  They looked brand new when I received them.  I trust DAP to tell me if there would have been an issue with them. As for the intake, do not waste your money on an aftermarket intake.  I got mine out of a trade deal, or I wouldn't have it.  You will get more benefit out of a BHAF than an aftermarket plenum. As for what I tow, everything I tow is on an 18' dove tail all metal pull behind trailer.  It ranges from a zero turn mower, to 40 cross ties.  I don't ever get over the 8K mark I don't believe, or at least I haven't in a while, and it wasn't with this trailer.  I would have to look at my injector sheet to see what the bar was on mine, I don't want to miss quote anything.

Edited by Gamble
  • Like 2

Thanks Gamble, I've been doing some investigation on an EGT & Boost. Don't think I should start messin w stuff until I get a constant w everything.........agreed!

Thanks for your input on the DAP injector rebuild & intake, 1st hand experience means alot to me. I do have a BHAF installed, did it a few weeks back. W my fiberglass hood I don't hear the turbo whisle like I should but it's there. Did remove the ring.

Thanks again,

Dave

I do have a BHAF installed, did it a few weeks back. W my fiberglass hood I don't hear the turbo whisle like I should but it's there. Did remove the ring.

Thanks again,

Dave

Just curious, why the fiberglass hood? And, depending on which BHAF you got it could be pretty quiet. I started out with a pretty small BHAF and I heard the whistle real good. I changed filters after about a year and went to a much thicker filter. The whistle almost went away completely.

• Like 1

The fiberglass hood came after a house fire, my paint bubbled from the heat of the flames, so a body/paint guy up the road from me was able to change the color. It just so happened he knew someone that was parting out a 2001 w the 1971 Barracuda style shaker hood. So I got another hood, 2001 sport bumper & a complete repaint for the same cost of the original red spot in. Tail lights melted, tailgate handle & RR dually inner fender. Also the fiberglass bed top was replaced cause a tree fell on it. So my wife wanted the truck orange & I wanted the shaker style hood scoop, so it was a win/win for my truck!

Dave

• Like 1