• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anybody Running Dap Injectors?

I was originally looking for some RV injectors when I came across DAPs website. Their prices are good. Was wondering what the difference was between the DAP brand and the aftermarket ones are other than 1 requires a core and the other does not. Should I keep my stock injectors? I am probably going to go with 75hp injectors Any info or recommendations would be great. Thanks

Whatever injectors you go with make sure they are the true Bosch RV injectors and you will be fine. Lots of people buy from DAP including me and love their service. I havent ever purchased injectors there but hear a lot of good things about getting injectors through them. They will take care of you.

What are you horsepower goals/driving situations? Choose your number 400, 450, 500, whatever? and figure out what parts you need to achieve those numbers. Injectors also have some say in the turbo selection and how smokey it is so factor that in. I've been running DAP 60s for a little over 10,000 miles and no issues so far. Truck runs clean, no smoke unless I dog the turbo in 4th lockup. I want to say DAPs are bosch cores that have been bored.

I don't have a Hp goal. Just want a good tow rig. I pull a 14000lb 5th wheel 75% of the time. I have an hy turbo with a lowes turnbuckle on now but have an hx to swap in when I have some spare time. I know the Rv inj aregood and seem to be proven but I can get the 50 60 or 75hp inj cheaper than the rv. My thinking is why not get the bigger ones. I don't want to have to worry about excessive heat. Just looking for a good clean burning injector to give me that little extra that the truck seemed to be missing. Maybe the jwa gave me that but I haven't pulled with it yet. I guess I got the fever. Just don't want to over do it. I think the injectors will be the icing on the cake for me if I can figure out what would be the best size for me

For what you want to do the RV275's would be awesome. Especially if you are going to stay with the HX35. Good mileage and a nice power bump. I think the biggest you would want to go with would be 75hp injectors. That would be about the limit for a decent tow rig. The RV275's are about a 40-45hp over stock so they are a nice increase.

Yep, I got me some DAP's. They are the ones in my sig. I chose them because they were cheaper, new, pop tested and flow matched. Its the most I can go with for the moment with the stock turbo, but I do not plan on going big anyways. I may get me a one step bigger turbo than the stock one, but the injectors themselves can cause some smoke on hard accel.

With my edge comp, I can smoke a block out!

The aftermarkets are just that. The injectors that require cores are all genuine BOSCH. That's why they require a core. I just picked up a set of 150s for my future goals. For what you want, I would suggest 60-75 HP over stock, as they will do fine & cool with the HX. Just tune them with the Edge. This would be close to Michael's setup.

Ed

I am running RV275's and towing a 15k 5th wheel and they do very nice on there own. Had a Banks ottomind tuner(75HP) but it went south on me. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they did on there own. You would not be dissapointed with them. Of course you probably would not be dissapointed with the 75hp either. 

I think I am leaning toward the 60 or 75hp. I. Cant see paying a little more for the smaller rv unless I am missing something. But on the other hand I hope the 60 or 75 are not to big and I have to drive by the egts or it smokes while towing. I wouldn't mind a little while playing around but want it clean while towing. 

I think I am leaning toward the 60 or 75hp. I. Cant see paying a little more for the smaller rv unless I am missing something. But on the other hand I hope the 60 or 75 are not to big and I have to drive by the egts or it smokes while towing. I wouldn't mind a little while playing around but want it clean while towing.

The good thing about the genuine rv275s is they are brand new like dripley said and you can keep your old injectors just in case, or send them in and get $100 back...I think that's what DAP has on their site. I don't believe any of those injectors will smoke while towing, unless you're lugging the heck out of engine/turbo. I had this same debate last year and I went with the 60s just because I knew I wanted to make 400-425 reliable horsepower and the 60s and an edge comp would put me there.

I am really thinking about the RV275s.

The extra zoom zoom is always nice but the mileage is what I have been thinking about.

The pricing seems very reasonable too.

Especially when friends with other brand trucks tell me how much money they spent because their injectors failed. 

My truck has 150 k on it so it should be good for a while but I am thinking it will live longer if I look after it.  

I do see a bit of white/grey haze when starting cold, so maybe the injectors are at their limit.

Regards Chris

The good thing about the genuine rv275s is they are brand new like dripley said and you can keep your old injectors just in case, or send them in and get $100 back...I think that's what DAP has on their site. I don't believe any of those injectors will smoke while towing, unless you're lugging the heck out of engine/turbo. I had this same debate last year and I went with the 60s just because I knew I wanted to make 400-425 reliable horsepower and the 60s and an edge comp would put me there.

Where did you get your 60s? I think that's the route I will go. Gives me a little more than the rvs but shouldnt be more than the hx. Can handle.

Edited by rseabur

I dont know first hand but supposedly the hx is good up to 100hp sticks but it might be a little smokey. I have DAPs, they were a good price and were bosch bodies. I think moparman might have something going on with vulcan diesel so check them out too. DAP and Vulcan are both site sponsors so hit them up.

Like I said, I've got their 75 sticks.

IIRC, I priced out injectors and found that the 75 sticks were a better buy than the RV's or close to. Some more HP and same price, could not beat it.

Depending on how hard you tow, you may have to tow by the EGT's. When I pull my 5th'er, COMP is off and I can go over pulling a grade. If you have a manual, you probably would not have to worry about it as much. I have to juggle EGT's and trans temp. when I get that hot. So I have to try and keep it in lockup while pulling grade but also not so much I cook pistons. An aux cooler for my trans. will help, but I have not bought one yet.

Without towing heavy, you probably would be okay with the hotter sticks like mine. I only get a puff of smoke at first when smashing the go pedal and when the turbo lights, theres no smoke, maybe a slight haze.

DAP's site also quoted saying that I would see a 2mpg gain with these sticks as well. I don't think DAP will do you wrong, ever. I would not expect an injector failure from them at all, and if there was, they would stand behind it.

ALSO, I bought the 75 sticks because DAP said they were BOSCH injectors. Pop tested, and flow matched to each other!

Pick your poison, just get it from DAP! :thumb1:

• 1 month later...

The RV275's come from the Cummins installed in Recreational Vehicles and give the engine a 275 HP rating. So on your SO 01 auto rated at 235 HP it is a 40 HP increase. My HO 02 rated at 245 HP I guess would only see a 30 HP gain. Thats pretty a pretty simplistic explanation, I am sure someone more knowledgeable than I can explain it better. I have not read of any 50 to 60 HP gains being claimed personally.