• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Somewhere I looked over a write up that I think Mike wrote or fixed up about what the settings on the Edge did. 

Explained about each setting and its affect on fuel and timing.

Of course I can't find it now and did not copy it.

Could someone point it out to me .

Regards Chris

• Owner

Here you go.

Main Levels

This is how much maximum fuel and timing given.

1 - 40 HP

2 - 60 HP

3 - 80 HP

4 - 100 HP

5 - 120 HP

Sublevels

This is how fast your going to get the fuel and timing in relationship to boost.

1 - 33% of stock fuel till 20 PSI of boost

2 - 50% of stock fuel till 15 PSI of boost

3 - 67% of stock fuel till 10 PSI of boost

4 - Some extra fuel at 0 PSI of boost

5 - Full fuel at 0 PSI of boost

1-3 are de-fuel setting for controlling smoke.

4-5 are power modes.

• Like 2

Hello again

Michael...I notice you are very carefull with you truck and have a similar rig to many of us.

Would you consider telling us the settings that you use with your Edge.

I am hoping my IAT  fooler comes this week so I can install it this weekend.

My Boss made an 800 Km trip last week with his Ford .

I am really hoping I can do better fuel mileage when I do the same trip next week. 

I already drive like your Nanny.

thanks Chris

Mike, had a question for ya concerning edge tuners. I read somewhere a long time ago that there was some kind of a bug in the software. If you didnt have all of the main levels set with the same sublevel, it would mess things up? Internet myth? Does it really matter if you say, have level 4 set with a sublevel of 5 but you run level 5 with a sublevel 3?

I dont know if I explained it clear enough but I was just wondering if there was such a problem with the comps.

The one on the screen is the first number. In MoparMan's case it is 5. The sublevel is set by holding down the power button for a few seconds. The little lights flash really fast, and that is the second setting. 

• Owner

Mike, had a question for ya concerning edge tuners. I read somewhere a long time ago that there was some kind of a bug in the software. If you didnt have all of the main levels set with the same sublevel, it would mess things up? Internet myth? Does it really matter if you say, have level 4 set with a sublevel of 5 but you run level 5 with a sublevel 3?

I dont know if I explained it clear enough but I was just wondering if there was such a problem with the comps.

For older ones there was this bug of levels crossing.

Say you set 4x1 and 5x5 then set for main level 5 and it would be really doggy. But now set 4x5 and 5x5 and go back to a main level of 5 again now you got a animal.

• Like 1

In that case I have mine backwards.

The screen shows 3 and the sub level is 5.

For best economy I should switch them.

I used to leave it on 2x2...worked okay but not as good on fuel as I would like

For the last tank of fuel I was on 5x5 and drove very carefull...I had the % throttle on display and was carefull to keep it low.

Mileage was a bit better.

Regards Chris

For older ones there was this bug of levels crossing.

Say you set 4x1 and 5x5 then set for main level 5 and it would be really doggy. But now set 4x5 and 5x5 and go back to a main level of 5 again now you got a animal.

What is consided "old"?

I will try to put a picture of the Edge monitor on here (actually the Missus will ) I thought I had it set like Mikes for the best fuel economy. After reading the replys I am thinking I have it set backwards.

Any thoughts, besides I am a goof...would be welcome.

Regards Chris

post-1203-0-41639100-1393971082_thumb.jp