• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tapatalk

moostang

• Owner

Few limitation with the site on mobile but you can still operate the majority of the site without Tapatalk. The one limitation I know of is the file uploading is not available on mobile skin so you would have to switch over to full view and then upload your file then flip back to mobile.

Personally I like the mobile version better than tapatalk anyway. Its almost easier to use and access stuff with I think. I could see where having tapatalk would be nice if you are on multiple forums because then all your forum stuff is in the same place. Just bookmark the mobile site on your device and you're good to go!

• Like 1

• Owner

I like using tapatalk better than the mobile site since tapatalk seems to run better than the browsers do on my phone, plus I get notifications through tapatalk if someone replies to a thread I participated in.

Small problems with Tapatalk now.

* Advertisements I have no control over now.

* Tapatalk software adds server load and database load to the site.

I will admit Tapatalk is a very popular program but when you got smart phones you like to provide a very light weight data package to your members not bottle up with extra advertisements. This is more so on the site owners that are running the freeware version of Tapatalk so Tapatalk could make some money from us. As for the PUSH notifications I seen that tidbit on the vB4 and when it does is creates another database table so store duplicate notices of like the site does with emails. So if you low active members using smart phone then the database fills up rapidly with both email notices and PUSH notices. Nice feature but Tapatalk didn't provide a way to prune to trim the database after X amount of days. At least IPB is providing the site means to trim the old data back and keep the data cleaned up.

post-1-0-18190400-1394120404_thumb.png