• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

On 1/26/2018 at 2:56 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

NV4500 are very common fair priced. NV5600 are bit more expensive and bit more rare so the core prices are typically higher. Like from Six States in Boise the core on my NV4500 was nearly 3,000. So be aware rare part typically have high core prices. 

From what I can see by looking at a few websites, the NV5600 was not an option in '94.  What would all be entailed going to this (assume transfercase, drive shaft)?  Altho, at almost double the cost of the NV4500...I don't know..

Edited by PilotHouse2500

let's do this to keep the thread "cleaner".  If you see something you are interested in, drop me a PM and it will be FCFS.  I sell parts for 50's trucks all the time and tend to give good prices.  Only thing I'm keeping is the grill for the wall.  Tear down starts tomorrow after work!

There is a 12V wiper kit out there for the B series truck that is a drop in replacement for the originals. 

Doors, windows and possibly cowl vent will all be power.

As for the tranny, the cost of the 6 speed itself is prohibitive, not to mention I have yet to find a drop in kit that has all the parts to hook to the '94 6bt.  If you know of one let me know, the cost difference is a side wood project or two and worth it if it's not reinventing the wheel to mate them up!

I would pull the interior harness for the 94 and use parts of it for the Pilot then. Interior fuse panel, column, multi-function switch and head lamp switch.

The only difference you may need is some of the early 94's had a thin adapter plate to bolt the transmission to the engine. Here is a link to a write up on cf. Give you an idea of what is needed in a 2nd gen. Not all of what is in here you will need to do being Tonys truck is 4wd.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/94-98-powertrain/1425954-so-you-think-you-wanna-g56-your-4wd-12v.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

I would pull the interior harness for the 94 and use parts of it for the Pilot then. Interior fuse panel, column, multi-function switch and head lamp switch.

The only difference you may need is some of the early 94's had a thin adapter plate to bolt the transmission to the engine. Here is a link to a write up on cf. Give you an idea of what is needed in a 2nd gen. Not all of what is in here you will need to do being Tonys truck is 4wd.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/94-98-powertrain/1425954-so-you-think-you-wanna-g56-your-4wd-12v.html

Thanks!

So, how does one disconnect the harness at the BIG connector near the firewall?  I can see any flip/push tabs to release it from the part that comes thru the firewall.  I likely will NOT be using the 94's steering wheel (but have yet to rule that out), since I will basically be changing the vehicle enough to have to ignore the airbag and any controls on the wheel except MAYBE cruise and wiper and WON't be using the gear selector on the column.

FWIW, mine is 4X4 as well.

no pics, but last night got the bed popped free, and the rear cab mounts off.  Cab wiring harness clear of the cab (still connected to the steering column).  Fifth wheel mount removed.  A few night off here for beers with the boys and a hockey game with the wife, but I'm hoping by Sunday MAYBE Saturday be down to the rolling frame!

Edited by PilotHouse2500

Well life likes to throw curveballs...a well intentioned neighbor/friend dropped me a Caraigslist add for a 96 that was being parted out thinking I'd look at the tranny for my swap.  Well, the tranny was gone, but the frame and axels were still around.  Now considering my 94 was used as a plow truck, the front end is RUSTY!  Coupla thru holes in the frame even.  Long and short of it it: I bought the rolling frame with factory paint on  it (at least the front half), rebuilt axles and suspension.  The front discs are a bit fancy and might have to get swapped out, but now I don't have to rebuild my axles and I can either sell 'em or keep for spare parts for "someday".  Looking to move forward earlier than planned on pulling the engine and setting it on the "new" frame this weekend.  So a few pics this week of that and hopefully Saturday of a cleaner frame in the shop.

Tell you one thing about these trucks...they like to keep you guessing on what will be an SAE faster or metric!

To top it all off for a great weekend of wrenching, a buddy came over and we were "just" going to put another wind on the pull start retract on my plow 4 wheeler...well found out the bendix is shot and I've now spent half a day so far trying to pull the flywheel (with no luck) so I can replace that!

Edited by PilotHouse2500

Nice.. you took the easy way..

26 minutes ago, PilotHouse2500 said:

The front discs are a bit fancy and might have to get swapped out, 

I wouldn’t be to quick on scraping them, as long as your not Carrying much more than your own weight the ceramics should do fine, just when you start towing heavy and big hills they fade away.

4 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

Nice.. you took the easy way..

I wouldn’t be to quick on scraping them, as long as your not Carrying much more than your own weight the ceramics should do fine, just when you start towing heavy and big hills they fade away.

I plan on using this truck to tow a trailer for 4 wheelers and also for cabinetry work I do on the side.  The slotted and drilled disc will likely get swapped back for a more standard disc,