• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Source for vacuum pump seal kit

Hey Guys, I thought i would post this link to buy the Vacuum pump seal kit from cummins online, This company { HOESLI DIESEL in Evansville,IN} is a Cummins Authorized Service center & distributor. As you will see on there site, they stock all Dodge cummins 5.9L diesel O.E.M. parts. There was a thread on CF yesterday where a Guy was quoted one from Dodge @ 112.00++ HOESLI DIESEL: PHONE# 1-800-487-1001 OR 1-812-473-5604 hoeslidiesel.com/store/page2.html Cummins part# 4089742 vacuum pump seal kit price $10.76 REMEMBER TO BE SURE YOU LET THEM KNOW YOU GOT THE LINK FROM THIS WEBSITE, SO THEY WILL SEE THE NEED TO ADVERTISE ON MOPAR'S WEBSITE OR FORUM

Edited by rburks
miss spelled word

• 4 weeks later...

That look much easier to handle the vacuum pump and power steering pump in single package than trying to remove the power steering pump in the truck...

Hey, Yeah I would never try to remove just the power steering pump! A man would have to be insane, plus have a bigger risk of a leak!!:thumb1: Later, Winslow

So do you remove it from the top or the bottom? It looks to me like it's in a nasty place to get at:shrug:

Hey, Both. One bolt is up top, the other is on the bottom. The bracket bolt is on top too and so are the lines!:thumb1: There is a little oil feed line between the pump and block that is a little bit of a pain!!:ahhh: Here is a link for you: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/220656-vp-44-150-hp-injectors-psc-power-steering-pump-install.html Scroll threw it and I show what needs to be done!!!:thumb1: Later, Winslow

$10? Are you serious? I thought it would cost me a fortune. Mine is to the point the vents will take a minute to changeover from defrost or they won't even bother changing, then 10 minutes later it will change. I think the vacuum lines are pretty crappy too though. I got a 90 that looks like it kinks it but not sure how else to do it.

Hey, Does that kit include the double lip seal for the power steering pump shaft??? The Gould Kit worked well for me!!!:thumb1: V-Dub, yep it is mounted to the block with 2 bolts up front and a bracket on the lower bottom power steering pump bolt! Later, Winslow

Yes, it comes complete with the seal for the shaft & o-rings & gasket... but if i remember correctly it was not a double lip seal.. it worked o.k. for mine, the shaft was in good condition & was not wore where the seal rides on the shaft. Peter Goulds kit is a very good kit, comes w tool to install and everything.. he's a stand-up guy, friendly and helpful, he talked w/me on the phone for several min. and gave me some helpful tips on installation even though i did not buy the kit from him. I would say that if your shaft is wore you should go with his kit. I think the price is around 60.00 I FOUND MINE LEAKING WHEN I INSTALLED MY VP PUMP AND HAD ALREADY BOUGHT THE CUMMINS KIT BEFORE I CAME ACROSS HIS WEBSITE...fixingrams.com "PETER GOULD" Edited by rburks
spelling

Yes, it comes complete with the seal for the shaft & o-rings & gasket... but if i remember correctly it was not a double lip seal.. it worked o.k. for mine, the shaft was in good condition & was not wore where the seal rides on the shaft. Peter Goulds kit is a very good kit, comes w tool to install and everything.. he's a stand-up guy, friendly and helpful, he talked w/me on the phone for several min. and gave me some helpful tips on installation even though i did not buy the kit from him. I would say that if your shaft is wore you should go with his kit. I think the price is around 60.00 I FOUND MINE LEAKING WHEN I INSTALLED MY VP PUMP AND HAD ALREADY BOUGHT THE CUMMINS KIT BEFORE I CAME ACROSS HIS WEBSITE...fixingrams.com "PETER GOULD"

Hey, I gotcha! Dealing with Peter was flawless! His DVD didn't work too well so he sent me a new one right away!!:thumb1: Later, Winslow