• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

smoke switch

ok been a while since i had a question here goes ....i've been reading up on the smoke switch and am kinda interested...but i have already cut an plugged the waste gate line on the turbo....will doing the smoke switch work for me or not...? and i dont think i will b able to tell for a while ...the stock clutch that was replaced before i got the truck is shot ...in the process of trying to find a good clutch for less than 700 bucks ...any suggestions

• Owner

Mine was nearly $825 for SB Con OFE... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/2002/sbc/sbc.htm Nice part is it sticks for everything I can throw at it... As for Smoke switches you'll find out that when the switch is flipped that the VP44 timing is completely retarded at this point this is why it dog along really well blowing large clouds of black smoke. You got to remember that diesel runs on Autoignition temperatures so the more boost pressure applied the less timing required to ignite the fuel mixture so since you foolering for smoke then the ECM see full boost so giving full retard to the VP44... But the thing is I don't know if that Edge EZ of your will do it? I would try pulling the EZ Edge MAP sensor lead leaving the ECM lead hooked up and see if the error code is produced or fooling begins... If fooling begins then you could follow my write up on how to build one. http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/smoke-switch/smoke-switch.htm Personally I just resently pulled mine because the switch failed... (stuck on the fooling). But its true if you build for power the smoke will come... Now aftrer getting RV275 injectors I got to be careful because it will dump somer serious big black clouds if I jump on it...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 2 weeks later...

The smoke switch it is a bad idea re think it.The harley guys in jersey think loud pipes are cool.Now they have a law for that.And now my state has one.My bike is not stock but it is not loud by any stretch. The smoke switch will hinder this fun lovin sport.My state also has a smoke law.Maybe thanks to smoke switches,i dont know.I have my stuff turned down so it wont smoke.And it is still fun to drive.Look into a fms box you may like it.You can control the low end fuel.

• 3 weeks later...

The smoke switch it is a bad idea re think it.

Yea, nothing like following some one who thinks it's cool to blow smoke while I get a mouth full on my motorcycle and my visor is coated in it. Diesel's already have a bad enough rep they need to live down. Don't make it worse. I'm all about making it smoke if it helps the power, but doing it just to blow smoke is just bad! Just my 2 cents.

The smoke switch it is a bad idea re think it.The harley guys in jersey think loud pipes are cool.Now they have a law for that.And now my state has one.My bike is not stock but it is not loud by any stretch. The smoke switch will hinder this fun lovin sport.My state also has a smoke law.Maybe thanks to smoke switches,i dont know.I have my stuff turned down so it wont smoke.And it is still fun to drive.Look into a fms box you may like it.You can control the low end fuel.

AMEN to that brother! Some child molesting, backwoods, snaggle toothed, white trash, country bumkin who lives near me "used" to think it was real cool turning on the smoke switch on his Dodge truck and smoke out people he didn't like or trying to impress. When he got word that one particular really pissed off person that had enough of his smoke antics was considering filing stalking charges against him.........the smoke switch routine disappeared FAST. Guys like this dirtbag take things WAY too far and ruin it for everyone. It is one thing when you are off public roads or only around folks you know don't mind it and in good fun........it is quite another when it is done to harass and aggravate people who do not like or want it, especially when their kids are in the vehicle. What goes around comes around. Treat others with some respect and like you would want to be treated and life can be much more rewarding.
  • Like 1