• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

DAP Injectors

TFaoro

I have a buddy with an 03 and his injectors are dying. He is looking for a good place to buy some injectors that won't destroy the bank. I told him about DAP, but we aren't sure just how good they are. Has anyone ever run DAP common rail injectors? Are they reliably and high quality? I know my 100hp 24V injectors are great, he just wants some reassurance. Thanks in advance!

• Staff

He want's to get new ones only, they will hurt the bank a little more but will be trouble free vs many of the reman issues.

The BBi's are top notch, hands down. They are more money but your old ones can be sold as cores for around $600.

BMS are #2, and OEM are #3.

I would suggest getting OEM's with a minor upgrade, like 50hp. Better fuel economy and a nice increase in power as well.

I run the BMS ones with the 50HP DDP nozzles and they are a great improvent over my original stock injectors.  No smoke and a nice power increase and I have seen 22+ mpg on several trips to Portland and back.  Frm what I can tell in talking to other folks, that is great mileage for an '05 CR.

• Like 1

BMS ???

Having a brain fart here at 1 a.m. after a night out with the wife.

Bosch Motor Sport.  These are marine injectors.  All brand new Bosch (no reman or reused parts).  They can be fitted with various HP nozzles and spray angles but come stock for the 385 HP cummins marine engine ( I think I have my numbers correct on this).

DAP usually has these as do other vendors.  I got mine from USA Freedom Diesel (Montana) with the DDP nozzles and flow tested.  I am very happy with them in my truck.

The one thing I seem to remember about the BBI's is the fact that they say they have the injector issues solved. The fact that there are multiple injection events on one stroke, they use the best and some certain type of engineering aspect that allows their injectors to be the best.

I'm no salesman, but if they are saying they solved the premature injector failure issue, I would be alllllll over that one!

I'm no salesman, but if they are saying they solved the premature injector failure issue, I would be alllllll over that one!

Premature injectulation???!!! :lmao2:  :bolt:

Lots of people running 03-04 spray pattern in the 04.5-07, just don't run 04.5-07 in a 03-04.

Could you expand on that some more??  How is that possible???  I always thought that it a no-no!! :nono:  :shrug:

• Like 3

OK I never heard of BMS then. Makes sense.

DW if the spray pattern of the 03-04 is narrower than the 05-07 and still hits inside the sweetspot in the cup of the piston then no issues. The issue comes when the spray patter hits outside th bowl on the top flat area that causes hot spots and torches throught the aluminum.

This is just a guess as to why it would work not knowing exactly what the pray patterns or piston cups are on them.

• Staff

The 03-04 is actually flatter, wider, than the 04.5-07 but it works, and is becoming more common.

I am not sure I agree with it, yet, but time will tell.

Could you expand on that some more??  How is that possible???  I always thought that it a no-no!! :nono:  :shrug:

There are quite a few people talking about how the flame front works, etc and apparently it works with 03-04 in 04.5+ but not the other way around.

I know quite a few people doing it, and so far I haven't seen a single issue from it. There was one possible issue on Cummins Forum but there where other issues so it's really hard to say.