• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Things are going good

Just an update, I have a job, definitely enjoying it. I started off as the shop guy for a local construction company, in a union shop. A friend of mine got me the job, so I went ahead and took it...The same day I took it, the other job I had applied for called me back- go figure. Worked at the construction company for about a month, but realized soon it was going to be a dead end job. No complaints about the company, but I wouldn't have gone anywhere. I ended up stopping back at the other company, and it turned out that they still really wanted me: made me an offer that same day. I'm now working as a technician on (for now) aerial lift equipment at a large Cat dealer and machinery rental company. Primarily working on JLG boom lifts, and some scissor lifts. Pay is good, benefits are outstanding. I'm pulling in almost as much a month as I was as a SSgt base pay, as well as my VA disability has kicked in, so my mortgage is covered.

I was able to get out of the Corps mostly debt free except for the mortgages due to my temporary business venture, as well as other things, we were in the hole a good amount...was able to pay all of it off and now all we owe on are the houses...and our one in NC is under contract, with a great property manager. I'm working 7-5 M-F, and noon some saturdays..work is at worst 10 minutes from the house, so I really lucked out. I've been busy, so I haven't had a lot of time online.

Trucks down, but as soon as I get the funding, I'm picking up another trans, triple disc clutch, 110 valve springs, and an ATI harmonic balancer...she should be better than new when I get her running.

Glad to hear you got things going your way! It always helps when your job is something you enjoy. Then it is not a job! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I totally understand the dead end job feel. That is why we are packing up and heading back west at the end of this month. Good to hear everything is working out for you!! Here is a big old happy birthday from Grand Forks, ND!! :woot:

If anyone in this state has a dead end job it is by personal choice alone and no other reason. :2cents:

Congrats on the new gig. If it is large Cat dealer the pay should be above average and even better once you gain experience. Our local Cat field service techs are pulling down 6 figure incomes here in ND. Mid $30's / hr with tons of OT or what ever DOT regs let them get by with.

• Like 1

My comment didnt have anything to do with ND. I just got a better job opportunity in Montana and our folks and everyone still live in WA state. Just worked out that way we could be closer to family plus I will have a better job. The company I work for now is on the down hill slide is all. Nothing against ND.

My comment didnt have anything to do with ND. I just got a better job opportunity in Montana and our folks and everyone still live in WA state. Just worked out that way we could be closer to family plus I will have a better job. The company I work for now is on the down hill slide is all. Nothing against ND.

Hmm, and maybe while you pass through from MT to WA, you can stop here, on your way through! You'll take I90, right?

• Like 1