• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

IR thermometer fun

ISX

I have a blast pointing mine at things. I want to know what all you guys have monitored and the temps you got, no matter how crazy. I'll have to post some more pics of the things I have done later. I did this today when I got tired of being frozen with the 30mph gusts and wanted to experience a desert, hour and half of full blast heat.. The passenger seat was even 105F :lmao: Needless to say, I was shirtless and sweating so at least I reached my goal lol.

post-45-138698163295_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698163301_thumb.jpg

It is great way to check those critical temps on the VP44. That is the Achilles heal of our ISB's. I am going to check mine when summer comes and the hot weather hits. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/showthread.php/1266-New-VP44-the-results-are-in%21 You can use it for lots of other things too, rear differential, transmission temp, fuel temp, and alot of other things that may not have a gauge.

It is great way to check those critical temps on the VP44. That is the Achilles heal of our ISB's. I am going to check mine when summer comes and the hot weather hits. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/showthread.php/1266-New-VP44-the-results-are-in%21 You can use it for lots of other things too, rear differential, transmission temp, fuel temp, and alot of other things that may not have a gauge.

Your post is what made me start this one since you talked about the IR doing all that. I am wanting to see all the weird things you have used it on :lol: I used it on the grid heater elements and they max out at 500F and hold rock solid there.

I thought it was ironic that you posted this thread. But now that you know that temps. You have a guideline to use if you have any problems in the future.

Well I go through a lot of days just shooting it at things seeing what temps they are, just wondered what other things people had been finding the temps of.