• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How many holes are in the stock injectors? I thought the stock ones had 5 and  I just got some BD 40hp injectors part #1040275  and they only have 4 holes in the nozzle :think:  I was under the impression that it would have more holes for better atomization... As I was looking online to see if I could find any specs on the BD injectors I stumbled upon  some injectors on Diesel Power Products... http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p-7530-dodge-12-valve-fuel-injectors-9070-hp.aspx more power then the ones I bought and 1/2 the price... Has any one used DPP injectors and if so what where the results?  

They should be 5 hole injectors for the 12v, I believe what BD calls a +40hp injectors for the auto trucks is a 5x0.010 injector (same as the stock injector in a 215hp 12v)

When I make the upgrade to bigger injectors I'm planing on getting them from DAP since I know they build good injectors, and they sell them for a reasonable price $355(plus core) for a set of 5x0.012 injectors (+90hp)

Edited by bjytech
  • Like 1

Far as I know there are not any readily available 6 or 7 hole injectors without them being custom made. HOWEVER, I did find a set of 10 hole injectors but they are for extreme racing or pulling only.

Hey MnTom is there a 6 or 7 hole injector for the 12V??? It would do YabbaDoo better I would think with a nice wide spray pattern.

Not sure if it's true, but I read that you should use 5 or 6 hole injectors for 12 valves, and 6, 7, or 8 hole in the 24V, just because the cup in the piston is different??

Like I said, not sure if that's true or not. Maybe someone can explain.

Not sure if it's true, but I read that you should use 5 or 6 hole injectors for 12 valves, and 6, 7, or 8 hole in the 24V, just because the cup in the piston is different??

Like I said, not sure if that's true or not. Maybe someone can explain.

It's not the number of holes, but rather the spray angle. The 12 valve injectors are at an angle to the piston and the 24 valve injector is right above the piston. HOWEVER, no matter how many holes or lack there of, if the injector is not spraying into the bowl in the piston you will melt the piston and probably have an EGT and smoke problem too.

• Like 3

Ok, the good news is the replacement injectors got here today :thumb1:  But, the bad news is they sent the same 60 hp SAC injectors they sent before :(  :cookoo:   They said they would be sending the original 40hp VCO nozzles and a hoodie for my troubles... Yeah, 60hp smoky SAC nozzles vs the 40hp VCO clean burning... Or at least so I hear :ashamed:  Should I keep the 4 hole 60hp SAC injectors??? And if so why? The guy at BD is the one who said they would smoke all the time :(  I do not like any of my vehicles to smoke and would like to have clean burning power with better MPG's. All opinions welcome :)  Please :thumb1:

Edited by YabbaDoo
  • Like 1

The only 4 hole injector I know of for the 12v is a marine injector so I don't think it would have the correct spray pattern to get a good clean burn in your truck. As for SAC or VCO they say VCO injectors run a bit cleaner than SAC but I don't know if it's really that big of a difference or not.

• Like 1

I would however, a friend bought them for me on his Summitracing card so that I could just make payments vs having to lay out all the cash at once... Remember I just had the heads done on the Lincoln and 6 brand spanky new shoes for Yabba :thumb1:  So, 6mo interest free makes it the only choice right now :ashamed:

• Like 1