• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Life with the new 6 Speed Manual

Well the guys a Warren Diesel Performance are going to help me out & pick up my truck this weekend. They are swapping me the 6-speed for a reman lifetime warranty 5-speed. I know it's a downgrade, but maybe it will get rid of my transmission woes for good. Hopefully the $900 4" custom made drive shaft will still be usable after it snapped off at the rear bolts. Just need for her to get safely back to Ohio thru the crazy hills of Virginia & West Virginia.

Think good thoughts here guys,

Dave

Looks like this truck is going after I get the transmission swapped. We came to the conclusion that my truck must have been in an accident hit hard RF.

At the moment cant afford another diesel, so were looking at 1/2 tons!

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Well the truck is back now w a 5-speed. The main shaft cracked, nothing is reusable, not even for a core. So they think that as I was driving along, it jumped out of 6th gear into another gear.

I thought maybe I may have lost my oil, but it had fluid in it, how much I don't know because I lost my driveshaft.

I did feel it slow down, downshift, but I took my foot off the throttle because I was having a WTF moment. Maybe the kid that had the tranny before beat the crap out of it w his torque monster motor. :broken:

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

It's a good thing I bought another truck, this one has been out of service since the end of April!

The latest is the driveshatf is toast, probably twisted before it snapped the bolts on the back yoke & then it hit the ground so also bent!

Can I get a chorus of..........If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all..........

Dave

• 1 month later...