• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Had a little fun wednesday night...

bjytech

Had some fun at the county fair pulling my truck the other night, never really had a chance at winning anything since they decided to run the work stock and 2.5 trucks together for some reason, but I had fun so thats all that matters!
http://youtu.be/5Wabab4oTiU

• Like 1

Our  county  fair is  right now..      Nebraska  Bush Pullers  (easy does it  Dorkweed)    Hopefully   we  ( I'm on the  board)   can   'find'  good  hard  surface

We've had   almost  6 inches  rain  this week,    We'll have to  skin it pretty deep  with the  cat!

• Like 1

We had an inch of rain the night before the pull and down at the start it was pretty slick. I finished right in the thick of it as far as the work stock trucks went, the work stocks didn't have a chance against the 2.5 trucks though

Edited by bjytech

I pulled in 4low 3rd gear, no shifting in there, at the start I had to let out of it some since it was pretty slick at the start, and I had about 10psi boost coming off the line the last I looked at the gauge.

With my current setup I'm at almost 2000 rpm when I start slipping the clutch to get going and build boost, once I get to about 10 psi (it comes on real fast!) I let the clutch all the way out and go for it, this pull I took it to a high of about 3300 rpm, my truck has the 4k GSK in it but I've never gone over about 3300 rpm since I don't have heavier valve springs yet.

Edited by bjytech

Looks like fun, but I don't think I could do that with my DD truck/MightyWhitey.  Too much expensive stuff to FUBAR.

I know what you mean. Shoot, I can't even keep one going on the street, let alone try anything.......... :ashamed:

• Like 1

Looks like fun, but I don't think I could do that with my DD truck/MightyWhitey.  Too much expensive stuff to FUBAR.

yesterday was  the 'big'  powerboys  pull,  and  today  was  more local type  guys..

Your  right  Dorkweed,   I witnessed   a  fair share  of  fubar'd   Fords,   Chevys did ok,   but  no  Mopars were  harmed  today!  (none entered)

The purpose built trucks  that are  reinforced to the  max  in the right places, pretty much  were able to  drive off the track...   it's  the  trucks  with  license plates  that bit the  dust..

Locals pulls going on around me too, local pulling guys finally added 2 diesel classes after I begged and whine for them for years and after I got out they did it......... :duh:

Heard a newer Ford took the diesel class and pulled the sled out the end of the run and a lot further like 380+ feet and was still going when they flagged him to shut it down, wish I would have seen that one.

Locals pulls going on around me too, local pulling guys finally added 2 diesel classes after I begged and whine for them for years and after I got out they did it......... :duh:

Heard a newer Ford took the diesel class and pulled the sled out the end of the run and a lot further like 380+ feet and was still going when they flagged him to shut it down, wish I would have seen that one.

Were they "Ford" sponsors??!!

Wait for it, here in a few months your going to see it as the new Ford commercial...

Nope, was actually a guy I work with who told me about it, he lives in the town of the pull, Not a big area around me for Fords, Chevy and Dodge are more common, sounds like a lot of guys coming from the western oil patch area of the state with a ton of money stuck into their rigs.

Our pulls were last night. The usual tractors, modified tractors, stockers, super stockers, and my favorite to watch the 2.6 Class. There are rumors of next year sporting a 3.0 Class. Most everybhuody in the 2.6 Class looked like a work truck in the flesh, with exception of custom traction bars, most everyone running dual rear wheels, and of course some serious mods under the hood. Several 2nd gen Dodges, a 3rd gen, a couple of 1st gens. Ford had a couple of good representatives, a 6.4 That had some serious speed built up but the sled transferred the weight up front and shut him down pronto. He was just shy of 300 ft which was where 3 or 4 of the Dodges wound up. Then came the class of the field, a new body style Dmax. Looked like a full blown show rig right down to the bling wheels and the fronnt weight/ice to air intercooler in the shape of a big bow tie and custom painted to match the truck. He cleared 350 ft. Very impressive rig.