• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2012 Dodge Avenger... purchase pending...

First off...  I am confused if this is as "SE" or "SXT" trim model.  I think in 2014 new models...  one can't get the V6 in SE trim.  Perhaps in 2012 you could. 

The car has everything I asked for...   V6, automatic, power seat, color dark grey...   What I didn't ask for is alloy wheels.  Now that I've signed the agreement, it's beginnning to bug me.  I didn't look closely at the wheels but I think they are faux mag style wheel covers...  over steel wheels.   

I'll be sure tomorrow.   

The tires have been armour-all'ed but are original (32,000 on them).  

I'm definately "Old School" style wise.  a lot of alloys don't appeal to me. Cost is a factor as well.   Any suggestions about upgrading the wheels?   

Edited by flagmanruss

If you can find out the bolt pattern you may be surprised at the number of different vehicles that use the same pattern. For instance, did you know that Jeep wheels fit on a Dodge Caravan? That opens a lot of opportunities to find hte wheels you like. Check wrecking yards for them too!

I don't care much for the current crop of spider web designs.  I'd like something classic like S/S in alloy but my budget won't stand genuine Crager.  Wonder how they'd look in 17s.  I think my car has 17s, 18s on R/T.  I might have to wait.  :( 

Avenger is now in my driveway.  Beginning the process of tweaking the seat position so I can drive & also get my feet out of the car.  I've managed to trip the hood release trying to get out! 

Radar detector is going to need a spacer to see over the hood/wipers.  Though for my grand-pa driving the delay in respose may be immaterial.  My brother got ticketed in NY state before he got rid of out-of-state tags on his car.  Speed trap with 2 steps of lowering speed.  All the locals knew...  he drove right through.  Cops attituide was driving through the trap without trying to slow down was disrespectful.  (My bro said if he'd seen the cop behind the billboard, he'd have slowed down too!)  

I don't believe radar detectors will save you if you drive like your pants are on fire.  But if your trying to drive reasonably, a warning might avoid a meeting with the boys in blue for a minor infraction.

Got car home & found a couple of hard to see paint bubbles in hood edge & the plastic piece below the fender...  bumper extension??  needs fastening.  I went back today...  salesman said they'd takecare of it.  Question remains if this will cost me.  Hate to be a Nervious Nellie.  I got bad feeling.   

I am stressed over this...  All I can do is hope they take care of me. 

It IS a "Certified" preowned which carries a 90 day Warentee BUT there is $100 deductable. 

I believe I get the balance of the original "bumper to bumper" Warentee which ought to cover paint defects. 

Maybe I'm stressing for nothing...  I guess I'm resigned to ride this out & see what the outcome is.  It will certainly affect how I recommend this dealer going forward.