• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Headliner in a 2002 Ram 2500 coming loose

The headliner in the 2002 Ram 2500 that I drive is coming loose in several areas. The back seat area has fallen down in a big way and now in front of the drivers side (front of the sun visor) its now loose as well.

Is there any way to glue it back up that will hold for a while? I really do not want to take the entire head liner down unless its not that difficult.

Thx, 

Joe

Mine did the same thing in some of the same places. I used some spray adhesive and it is still holding where I put it, but now the liner is sagging in other spots too. Guess I need to get some more adhesive.

Removing a headliner and replacing isn't that hard at all... I have done it on several vehicles over the years :thumb1:  In fact, I need to do Scooby soon as it has been about 13 years since I did the headliner and it is now sagging a bit... As soon as I do  will at least take pics and maybe a video :cool:  A couple- 3hours work tops... If you want a quick but ugly fix you could use thumb tacks :thumb1:  

Removing a headliner and replacing isn't that hard at all... I have done it on several vehicles over the years :thumb1:  In fact, I need to do Scooby soon as it has been about 13 years since I did the headliner and it is now sagging a bit... As soon as I do  will at least take pics and maybe a video :cool:  A couple- 3hours work tops... If you want a quick but ugly fix you could use thumb tacks :thumb1:  

Tracy, 

Thanks for this and any tips on removing it? Where do you start and so on? Mine is the two door with rear seat version of the truck so wondering how to get the critter out of the cab and in one piece.

To the others, did you remove the headliner when you used the spray glue or just shot it up there while it was in place? 

Thanks much guys, really appreciate the help!

Joe

Remove sun visors, overhead, clothes hanger clips. Anything that looks like it holds in the headliner. Its not glued so it should fall out

As mopartechnician said remove all hardware and pull out of the truck (be careful not to bend it too much) remove old material and then use a wire brush to remove old glue and bits of the old foam. Here is a good video describing the process http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MmT72NDtTs...

Edited by YabbaDoo

• 1 month later...

They should pull in half. Kinda hard to explain. You should see a spot where a small screw driver will fit to pry the two halves apart like half an inch. They the whole piece can be pulled out

Ha! Thanks very much! Never would have thought or looked for something like that but will go out and give it a try!

Thanks!!! 

Well the good news is that they are off and the headliner is down. The not so good news is that these are not anything like what you mentioned and broke apart when removed.

These are two piece but after getting them in my hands I cannot see anyway to get it off of the vehicle without breaking them. There is a tang that is attached to the bottom part of the hook that goes into the center of the base part. That sticks into a square slot on the truck's body/roof. 

Hope I can buy these new or used in good condition...

Thx, FT