• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Miss at all RPMs

does this happen from cold or after it gets to temp?

All temperatures. From the moment it starts up to 190

Well the UPS couldn't find my address today  :cookoo: So I had to head back up to school before getting the pump on and testing for air getting sucked in before the pump. I'll have my father put the pump on and take it to my painter to get waxed tomorrow. I should get home Saturday to test for air in the lines.

The pump was put back on today, and when my dad attempted to tighten the banjo that goes into the bottom of the fuel filter he said it snapped off with less than finger tight pressure. I don't think this could have caused the issue as there wasn't any fuel leaking out and I did not have hard start issues but maybe???

suction side of filter?? <pray>

*getting ready to spike the ball in the endzone* EDIT: Lucy may steal the football here:

Ok, now I remember he has a fass or airdog.. but still, impulses can go back quite a ways, and a crack anywhere could pull minute air in..

Edited by rancherman

Doubtful.. sure, but at this point, apparently nothing is impossible. The man has tested for just about everything except diabetes..

The ONE other thing I can come up with other than a little air in the fuel, is a slow valve due to a sticky guide/weak spring.

MNtom has the other possible valve related scenario.

I wish you would figure this problem out....... We really want to know what is going on. Did you ever watch the valve train when you were spinning the engine over? I mean watch the amount of movement in the valves?

I have not had a chance. 20 degree weather and a cold engine aren't fun to work on. It should be around 40 tomorrow, so I'll test for air in the lines then and turn the engine over while watching the valve train. Thanks for the ideas guys!

I am really thinking there is a cam lobe that is going flat. That is why I suggest checking movement of the rockers. I know of an older Cummins (14L) that exibited similar symptoms and it was the cam.