• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Miss at all RPMs

Tested for air in the lines today. I put about 2 ft of clear line between the IP and the fuel filter. Zero air while running. I even took it around the block and came back. There aren't any bubbles.

Interesting though... this miss seemed to have decreased a bit lately, but I was pulling a trailer up a hill in 5th at 50 mph and let the exhaust temps sit right at 1200 for 20 seconds or so, and now it seems to have gone back to a little bit worse. I really think I need to listen to another good running 24V to make sure I'm not just paranoid.... 

Might have to buy Nick a couple beers to let me listen to his  :cheers:

Come to Idaho you can listen all you want... :cool:

I wish there was something high quality enough to capture the sound! I know your's sounds like a champ! Just can't quite afford the drive  :broke:

I was talking on the phone to another gent and mention your issue and he suggested doing the Blue Chip hot wire trick and see if the ECM is creating this issue maybe? Because this would be just the VP44 by itself no other computer or electronics to fool with it.

Thank you for the suggestion! But I have already done it.... No change when hotwired.

Sorry guys got stuck at work on hold for an hour  :cry:  then had to stay another hour to figure out timecard problems. By then it was dark. Thursday is my next chance with some free time! My plan was to check the lift of each pushrod. 

I can send my dial indicator to ya. I think it has the magnetic mase, too. Let me know & I'll call Mercury to make another trip...

Ed

Thanks Ed! I am going to start with a tape measure, and if any of them seem "different" than the rest I will be giving you a call.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to bump this back up and pick your guys's brains a bit.

I put the drilled out crossover tubes back in just to see if it would change anything (The last time I only had them in for a day or so)

Well it seems to have amplified the "miss" making it 3 or 4 times worse. Now it's REALLY noticeable. Wouldn't that mean it's something to do with fuel delivery if only crossover tubes made it this much worse?