• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Comp Box with fass DRRP

I recently had my stock lift pump go out, I was told to go with the DRRP because it is wasn't not chipped. Well now I am wanting to put a Edge Comp box on for Milage increase as well as a little increase in power.Will it work? My truck 99 cummins 2500, quad cab, 4x4, short bed, K&N cold air intake, looks like three and half inch straight pipe, Hx35 turbo wastegate not plugged, It does have bigger injectors between 40-75 hp not sure though. Tranny rebuilt 22k miles ago triple disc torque converter.

Sadly the K&N came with the truck, I would prefer it had an AFE or something similar. I sadly do not have gauges yet. I want get some but unsure as to which brand to get. I have heard good and bad things about glowshift and others. I do not want to pay a lot for the gauges because the Edge comp box will cost around 560 new. Where as an Edge Juice with attitude CTS monitor included is around 900. So what would you guys recommend? I am looking to increase my MPG I get about 16.4 combined city and highway, I don't exactly keep my foot out of it a lot, lately I have been though. 285/75/r16 BFG All terrains.

• Owner

Edge Comp and Edge Juice are the same for software. Just Edge Juice has the gauges and toyz which I don't suggest. The alarms and limits on the Edge Juice tend to create poor performance because most owners mis-set or mis-use the features. So I typically tell owners to turn all that off to get back to Edge Comp type performance.

As for any washable air filter I suggest against too many good engine ruined by a washable filter. There is no way for a owner to know when the filter has failed to filter. So most people hang on to the filter way too long and end up dusting out the engine. BHAF is fine for most or use your stock air box.

As for gauges I tend to favor the mechanical gauges more so but I'm working with ISSPro gauges and really impressed wit the EV2's series which are electric.

• Like 1

• Owner

WELCOME TO THE ELECTRIC SIDE  :lmao:

Correction...

Welcome to the trouble free side of electric gauges if installed properly.

I've been picked on about that for some time now. The only reason I jump in on it was to take on another challenge of figuring out electric gauges and what causes the fuel pressure sender to fail. I still say the most trouble free set of gauges is still mechanical gauges like ISSPro EV's.

• 1 month later...

If you got gauges (fuel pressure, pyrometer, boost) your good to go. Yes it would work just fine. I'm close to you in design check my link in my signature.

Personally, I would take that out and throw it under the tire.

So my VP went out shortly after I posted the question about the comp box and the ddrp fass pump. So I had my VP replaced truck ran great. Started loosing a little power found out I was leaking oil into the coolant. The head was warped about fourth thousands of an inch. Had it resurfaced and new gasket from cummins put in. I had ARP headstudes put in as well. My injectors were stock RV 40hp injectors. I am currently having them honed to add about 60hp for about 50 bucks each. Next month I will be putting on a Edge Juice with attitude (fiancée doesnt want to have to pay for another vp so the edge guy told her that the moniter is safer with the warnings.) I do have a triple disc TQ I think it will take the power the tranny shifts really great right now. After the Edge I will be putting in a 4" exhaust system. After this all the upgrading will be done, for a couple months. After I want to put a FASS 150 pump. Maybe run twins or at least a good sized single. Does anyone know how much 100 hp sticks will smoke without a chip? My 40 hp sticks smoked a bit in low gears. I want to try and have a slight idea before I get on it after I get it back and get pulled over because it smoked to much.

They are Bosch RV injectors with the tips honed 60-70 plus horse. Also anyone know what milage you all are getting a rough idea. I was getting really really low like around the 10-12 Mark before my VP died. After I noticed it went up a bit but not a crazy amount I was told if everything is running right a 24 valve with everything that I'm going to do to mine or already have done should be able to get to 20. As long as I keep my foot out of it.

Your mileage is going to depend on quite a few things like what gears, what tires, speed driven, city/highway, you get the idea. If you fill out your sig with the info about your truck someone may be able to help you figure out your mileage problems.