• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Torque App for 24v Cummins custom PID's

At this point this is more a place holder that will be moved to a article if we can get stuff working with the Torque app that communicates with the ecm via a cheapo bluetooth obd2 adapter. 

Out of the box the app doesn't read much of anything.  You get RPMS, load, coolant temp maybe.  Very basic stuff, however you do have the ablity to enter custom PID's and have the app read values manually. 

Figure if we could read tranny temp, oil pressure,  boost values etc it would be a VERY cheap way for some of the guys to get at least some of the gauges they need. 

MAP PID: p0102 from what I can see?

so firstly, has anyone done this work yet?  No point in recreating the wheel if I don't need to.

Thanks

Nick

Edited by me78569

I have never seen anyone else use the torque app for the cummins. I used it a ton when I had a droid smart phone. Since I switched over to the Iphone I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement for that app. Anyone with an Iphone found a good app for OBDII yet? If you could get the app working with the cummins it would be outstanding for anyone with a droid powered phone I think.

More of a question of "when" rather than "if" might take me 20 or 30 years, but I will get there. 

you can assign sensors voltage values for a pid so a range of low 0v to high 5 v for the map sensor then using a dynamic voltage increase you could calc a boost level vs a voltage and display it. 

This could be done for any sensor that is transmitted via the obd. Keeping mind of course if your truck has a boost fooler you would see what the ecm see and not the tuner.

I think that the issue is that the PIDs are proprietary to Dodge. Otherwise, if we could make Torque read the SCI bus (Which it can do) & write an app, I have the P codes for that. In a terminal you can use these commands to get raw data.  https://www.scantool.net/forum/index.php?topic=9298.0

Sorry, the Torque app cannot read SCI, but the BT dongles can.

Ed

Edited by Yankneck696

Ed,

Yep I was guessing that was the case.  I just didn't want ot beleive it haha.

I was searchign for that info in the thread, but unable to find it. 

What are the p codes? sharing is caring. I was working on getting the data stream from the bluetooth to my laptop with a terminal program.  I'll give that one you stated a try.

Edited by me78569

P codes are for the SCI bus.  Remember the file I sent you a while back? Go through the XML file to see them.

I used Tera Term & this...

Currently, only ISO and CAN can have the baud rate changed which means you can't change the baud rate on J1850 VPW.  To change the rate of ISO, first set the tool to ISO using STP22 and change the baud rate using STPBR62500.  If there's a way to set it up to communicate with it, this would be the way.  Unfortunately, I can't help with getting any useful data out of the vehicle.  That goes beyond the scope of our support.

I then just did the throttle & recorded that. & experimented a bit.

Ed