• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vacuum pump oil leak x2

I have now replaced the seals in my vacuum pump twice and its still leaking. I got the kit from Gould Gear. The coupler drive gear has been replaced on the vacuum pump side and I bought a rebuilt PS pump which also has a new coupler drive. In theory that means there's a new surface for the seal to mount against. It shouldn't be leaking. I'm pissed and its driving me crazy. Any suggestions?

I followed the instructions to the letter and watched the video 2-3 times. I even had the video going and would pause and follow each step. I'm very OCD about doing things right. I even called Pete Gould and talked with him about questions I had. By the way he's a really great, friendly guy who's extremely helpful. I haven't talked to him about the leaks yet.