• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

01 problem with injector pump I think

Hey guys, new on this forum, came across it at dodge cummins forum. I have an 01 with 5" exhaust, air intake, 150 injectors, edge juice with hot unlock, and an Airdog 165 on its way. This truck came with an inline pump plus it still has factory one hooked up, ran about 23 lbs pressure. Few weeks ago, the inline pump went and disabled the factory pump too. I drove the truck for about 2.5 miles with 0 fuel pressure to get home, where I disconnected the aux pump and got factory one running. Truck ran fine then with 15 lbs as long as you kept the foot out of her. Couple days ago, truck started stalling when you would go from forward to reverse, then got worse and would stall almost every time I put it in gear and harder to start. Also have differing power levels now too. Tried disconnecting the juice and the truck was even harder again to start. It hasn't thrown any error codes at all. Anybody got any ideas? Could it be my IP? Thanks for the help, Donald

How did you check for codes? The key trick is not reliable for 01's. Sometimes it only gets 1 set of codes. You need a reader for the other computer. When my VP went out it was having the same symptoms as yours. The diapram might be torn, that could explain the hard starts.

:iagree: Check for codes, and yes you may have caused a fatal blow to the IP?

• Owner

As for 2 cycle oil I've been using it now for 4 year continueously without no harm to the injectors. As a matter of fact the injectors I got from CajFlynn just got a double shot of 2 cycle oil and finally fixed the miss problem... It was unbelieveable but it worked no more miss... As for the VP44 is still going strong without problem or issues... But I will admit exceeding 100:1 ratio (lower number) will change the smoke color more grey. 128:1 is a good starting place...

Thanks Mopar. Any certain company you would reccommend. There's some bosch pumps on there pretty reasonable. Donald

If you need a new VP44, one of the vendors on this site, Jkidd, has the best prices available. I saved over $100.00 compared to the next lowest price. His pumps are from Midwest Fuel Injection. They have an excellent reputation and they replace the electronics on every pump along with all Bosch updates. He's a great guy to do business with.

• Owner

How much oil would you put in a tank, 1 quart, if my figuring is rite. Donald

I got you covered... I got a ratio calculator... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/general/2-cycle-oil/ratio/ratio.htm Now you can tune a tweak your mixtures... But typically if you pump 14 gallon you add 14 ozs. Then if you fill up and pump 28 gallons then 28 ozs of oil is used. But the first add do with a full tank will be a quart. After that use the 1 gallon to 1 oz ratio for 128:1 ratio.
  • Like 1