• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air Dog 100

• Owner

Got a quick question about the air dog 100. My stock lift pump is going out and now im looking at putting the air dog 100 on my truck. My question is why do i need a pump that pumps a 100gmh?? Sounds like a bit of overkill to me.

A little bit explaination... Bosch's requirements is 70% fuel is to be return to the tank and only 30% burned. Ok... So how much fuel do we burn in the worse conditions? I've seen several times where my Scangauge is displaying high flow ration in the 20-25 GPH bracket with WOT operation. But typically cruising its between 2-10 GPH depending on load and grade. So now stock fuel system is approximately 25 GPH... Oh Wow! Stock system has no return with full load... No wonder the VP44 fail 100% is burned and nothing for cooling and lubing. Now step up to a AD 100 and your only burning 25% of the fuel and the other 75% is being returning for cooling and lubing purpose if you line pressure is above 14 PSI at WOT. (Which most AD system can do without thinking!). Mine with a AD150 is 17 @ idle and !5 @ WOT with Edge Comp on 5x5 and RV275 injectors. (really mild) Then the filter system there is a 140 micron pre-filter protecting the pump (which the stock pump just pump the trash along if there was metal in the fuel it would be pull into the motor magnets of the pump and chew itsself up being the pump was lubed by fuel. Then the output filter is a 2 micron compared to the 10 micron filter so now your VP44 is protected even better from debris and contaminates. Last but not least there is a lifetime warranty on AirDog, Raptor, and FASS so if the pump fails just have it replaced. (Remember to turn in your registration card! - Void warranty if you don't!)

A little bit explaination...

Bosch's requirements is 70% fuel is to be return to the tank and only 30% burned. Ok... So how much fuel do we burn in the worse conditions? I've seen several times where my Scangauge is displaying high flow ration in the 20-25 GPH bracket with WOT operation. But typically cruising its between 2-10 GPH depending on load and grade. So now stock fuel system is approximately 25 GPH... Oh Wow! Stock system has no return with full load... No wonder the VP44 fail 100% is burned and nothing for cooling and lubing.

Now step up to a AD 100 and your only burning 25% of the fuel and the other 75% is being returning for cooling and lubing purpose if you line pressure is above 14 PSI at WOT. (Which most AD system can do without thinking!). Mine with a AD150 is 17 @ idle and !5 @ WOT with Edge Comp on 5x5 and RV275 injectors. (really mild)

Then the filter system there is a 140 micron pre-filter protecting the pump (which the stock pump just pump the trash along if there was metal in the fuel it would be pull into the motor magnets of the pump and chew itsself up being the pump was lubed by fuel.

Then the output filter is a 2 micron compared to the 10 micron filter so now your VP44 is protected even better from debris and contaminates.

Last but not least there is a lifetime warranty on AirDog, Raptor, and FASS so if the pump fails just have it replaced. (Remember to turn in your registration card! - Void warranty if you don't!)

Hey,

Not to argue, but do you have that in writing somewhere??

I believe you, but I can see know people that would argue with that!!!!!!!!:ahhh:

Thanks,

Winslow

• Owner

I'm sure if I dug on CF.com for a couple of hours I might find the thread from way back when the VP44 problems started someone had a document of this but back then I never bother to keep (early years of my learning curve). But I'm sure its out there but finding it now would be tough. This way way back when the dealer was arguing volume / pressure standard and the TSB came out... (2001 or so...)

Ok let say for disclaimer reason its SUGGESTED... :lol: