• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone ever seen or used these before?

I almost 'checked the box' this fall on those! I went with an inline fuel heater instead. (all mechanical/hot coolant/no electrical) I feel the 3-4 hours a day I'm sitting in the tractor, should have the filters pretty 'cleaned out' for next mornings start-up.

I'd bet most guys with snotted over filters would say their whole tank is 'jelled'. In 40 years of burning the right, wrong or semi correct fuel, I can honestly say I've seen 1 tank of fuel that couldn't be pumped, or even flow out of a open bung. Only 1.

Don't get me wrong, I'm battling clouded fuel as-we-speak! But its still making it to the filter just fine. What happens next is a whole new can of worms.

Point is, Those SHOULD do the trick. It's the filter that 'catches' the lil clouds, and when they are thick enough, doink. sitting on side of road. That layer of snot didn't come up the fuel line in one blast, it is an accumulation of billions of molecules of 'wax'.

I was actually just looking at these today. I think I'm going to order a couple they look like a pretty quality product for the price and I'm getting pretty fast at changing fuel filters which isn't a skill I want.

Let me know how they work if you do infact get some.  Whats the temps been like up in Silver Bay? I just live down the shore in Duluth.

• Owner

I could see the benefit on aftermarket lift pump filters that hang below the rig out in the open cold elements but for the most part it is making up for some ones lack of preplanning in the end.

Exactly. Like my own rig I've got no heaters on the filter but never experienced a gel filter. I'm very picky about fuel sources.

• Like 1

Exactly. Like my own rig I've got no heaters on the filter but never experienced a gel filter. I'm very picky about fuel sources.

You live 1000+ miles from here but what sort of stations do you buy your fuel from?

is this your first dance with the 6.0?

I've actually had the unfortunate experience of working on quite a few 6.0s. I have to admit I like driving/towing with that powerstroke. Ford did put together a pretty solid pickup just to bad they didn't spend a little more time on the engine.

You live 1000+ miles from here but what sort of stations do you buy your fuel from?

On my end here in ND, I use only Cenex fuels. We have been going through a lot of station swaps lately, a lot of Tesoro stations are switching to Exxon, there have been others too I have noticed going to other brands from Tesoro as well, have not talked to anyone about why the switch is happening though. I never liked Tesoro anyhow, nothing I own be it gas or diesel ran very good or have as much power as when running Cenex and they have never let me down over the years.

If I had to run something other than Cenex it was Conoco but we don't even have that anymore in Bismarck Mandan area.

Hey MNTom, I've been hear about 3 years. I actually moved here from your fair city. You didn't work at that dirty ol mine did you?

Only as a pipefitter. I tried when they opened it back up but they didn't want me for whatever reason....... I moved out of there about 16 years ago.

I've actually had the unfortunate experience of working on quite a few 6.0s. I have to admit I like driving/towing with that powerstroke. Ford did put together a pretty solid pickup just to bad they didn't spend a little more time on the engine.

I laughingly used to think ford spent TOO much time on this engine! Over engineered it to death????

I've seen my southern neighbor have the cab off 3x now for head work.. Which just recently got out of warranty.. Now the ticking time bomb is on his dime!