• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

On a 4x4 I only see two adjustments for alignment, one next to gear box ( gets steering wheel straight) and the other by passenger side ( does tow in out ), if you don't count control arm adjustment. Am I missing anything? I measured tire tread front and back on level ground and my toe was in the front (both tires pointing in) so I adjusted it a bit and now it measures almost exact front to back before I had just over 1/4" longer in back. Anyone know where tow needs to be 0 or +- . Also why would truck pull right even in left lane if only one adjustment for tow, so no mater what, both tires should split difference equal and steering wheel would be off to left or right. After I got tow adjusted better to center it seemed to help from pulling right but still does it.

Whew that's a bit long winded haha

I believe you are correct with the only adjustment to the steering being those two points. The axle can also be adjusted to twist the axle underneath using the lower control arm. I have read where tilting the pinion side down has helped with road wander, but I cannot attest to whether that is true or not. I believe KATOOM was in on the conversation so you might PM him. 

I think your toe in was about right, (1/4inch in) but again I'm not certain. Hopefully some others will join in.

I'm not sure on the exact measurement for toe on these trucks but you want to have some toe in, on semi trucks I set the toe in 1/8"

Thanks for input but I'm going to try research it a bit more, I thought with tow in it will steer to fast or something like that, maybe feel unstable, but I guess 1/8 shouldn't matter much. I know for handling I was told toe out in front 1/8. But in my opinion 0 won't wear tires funny. Edited by Dieselfuture

You want toe in on your everyday vehicles you drive on the road as it gives more stability for driving strait.  Toe out will make it more responsive to turning but it will also make it so you have to work more to stay going strait.

Edited by bjytech
  • Like 1

I think I got it about 1/16 toe in front, seems better than 3/8 that it was before, and doesn't pull right as much now. Read on other site that for some reason some of these trucks like to pull right a little so I'm not going to worry about it for now. Sure glad I didn't pay shop to do my alignment its really not that hard, in fact it's easy. I'm going to keep an eye on tires for wear and mpg and see what happens. Thanks for tips.