• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

edge ez vs edge comp

Either one will destroy a stock transmission. I could slip my converter with EZ and 60 hp injectors, but in normal driving it was fine. Your HY35 turbo wouldn't like the comp, unless you plan on upgrading down the road. In reality, if you play nice an EZ could be good. Keep some extra cash for when the tranny goes, it's pretty much inevitable on a stock 47re.

So the edge boxes are a trans blower for sure? I don't beat up on my truck, and would like an extra 25-50 hp just to move my 5th wheel a bit easier (10K Max load). My biggest concern is not the highway, but the way it pulls in the 2-3 shift area on back roads.  Maybe I should go to a full manual valve body, but, I was going to add a shift kit, adjust the bands and change fluid. I'm only at 115K miles, do you guys think it will still burn it up?

Edited by AGPTurbo

• Staff

I have an Edge EZ and had to have my trans rebuilt at 64k. The front band wore out. I had been doing a lot of backing up with it and I think that's what took the trans out more than running the Edge. Had the trans rebuilt by a local and didn't put in any billeted parts, it's been O'K. The EZ made a big difference in towing the 5er but the comp is the way to go for the option to add more power later on.