• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mike will you please be more specific as to exactly what you want.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following this discussion but have not made a post; until now. Michael you should be quite pleased with your accomplishment of building this Website/Forum. We are Several years down the Road now looking back and its remarkable to me the footprint this site has made in the Cummins Diesel world, and many other diesel forums "Quote Threads from this Site" Its is an outstanding Success to say the least. I think I'm more inline with your vision of relying on Vendor participation and financial support to sustain the Website. And I've thought about this alot, mostly asking myself one question.."why is it so hard to get Vendors onboard" . There on other forums and most participate in the threads and post regularly. I don't see any with members with the technical back ground on here. I keep coming back to one Area: "The Domain Name"
:nono: Now please don't take it that i myself see anything wrong with it, I do not. And i know its become your call sign. BUT i think if someone is doing a google or yahoo search for "Cummins or"Diesel" or "2nd Gen VP pump Issues, Mopar1973man is probably loosing out because when most see the word Mopar they don't associate it with the Diesel World even if it is on front page of the listings.. More so with the car Hotrod crowd.   And i bet its a Bit%$H to get Google and MSN and Yahoo listings on front page for diesel engine help ...

I really beleive that if the name were more in tune with "KEYWORDS" like CUMMINS OR DODGE CUMMINS, ICB CUMMINS.COM, CUMMINSICB.COM .....

THEY WILL COME, THEY WILL MOST DEFINITELY COME MIKE"  :hyper:  

My take on this is if you get the site through- traffic up, The VENDORS will come like bees to honey, and i don't think see the need to limit access to the forum once there here such as posting and asking questions, maybe require them to set up temp. account, then one they get in and see others that are donators and they will want full unrestricted access to chatroom, downloads "OR JUST want to past picture of their ride in there sig. then they will pay to get it ..

I know this is speaking in long term and right now most may say this as a waste of time, Maybe its not possible for the site to sustain itself during the transition.  IDK they might be right, what do you think??  

I do think that limiting access to the basic forum is a bad idea cause i think it will detour new membership. and result in less donations

AND HERE'S AN IDEA THAT MIGHT BE GOOD;

What about having a "VENDORS NITE" Chat Room.  kinda like a Q&A between "REGISTERED" Members and Vendors. Vendors would jump at the chance to sale more products.

Let me know what you think..

rburks

I honestly agree with you in terms of the Domain name.  We are missing a lot of Traffic due to the name of the site, but like you said making a transition between the current mopar1973man to whatever the future might have will take a TON of time, planning, testing, etc etc.

I hadn't put much thought into it beyond "man it would be nice" Maybe we can find a different domain and forward the traffic from the "cumminsrandom.com" to moparman.  

You would be suprised how much traffic the site actually gets.  The registered member/noneregisted member ratio is typically 1/10.    You are %100 right though increasing the traffic is what we are working towards. I feel that we have done a good job so far trying to work towards a self sustaining website.  

Thanks for the thoughts though, we are VERY open when it comes to what the future holds for the site.  

Nick 

Thanks for the thoughts though, we are VERY open when it comes to what the future holds for the site.  

Nick 

You guys have done outstanding work, but i cannot clearly see how the site moves forward to self sustainability without sufficient vendor support

• Owner

Actually to answer this about the domain name. Really it would be way to difficult to change name now. Google placement is based on age of the URL name. mopar1973man.com has been running 8 years. So now if I yank that out and replace it with anything we start all over again from the bottom up. So 8 years of struggling again. If I put it side by side still mopar1973man.com will take the hits more than secondary address (already done this as a test) because the secondary URL is so young its going to be way back in the pile. So the only way I could be ahead is purchase a aged URL at a very high cost so I can precede mopar1973man.com with a older URL. But the last I look there isn't many old "Cummins" URLs for sale. 

Now yes URL does have it place in the search results but at the most you going to get 2 words in the URL for a bonus. That's just nothing. As for keyword ranking Dodge is the top of the pile here on the site. Mopar1973Man had more power than Cummins believe it or not. Just for single keywords.

Really the thing that brings people to the site isn't the name. It's the content! Like right now "Klein Bottle Computer" is my highest hitter. No Cummins, not even dodge or anyting. Next is "Quadzilla Adrenaline" still nothing with Dodge or Cummins or anything. How about another strong hitter "NV5600 fluid". So as you can see URL is just a name. Has little to do with searches but not always. The only thing Cummins forum gets for bonus is "Cummins" but if the search is about Dodge or anything else the URL has no power. We can beef up the META Description which has power but again its limited. Still content has better hits.

• Owner

What needs to happen to improve traffic to the site is to have more 3rd and 4th gen owners creating write ups on how they repair or maintain their trucks. There is very little 3rd Gen articles and there is nothing for 4th gen. So more content more traffic. But since we are lacking modern content we are falling behind. Up here rarely do I get to see a 3rd or 4th gen and most don't live here. Most locals here are still 1st gen and 2nd gen trucks.

Like for example Bill (Wild & Free) installed a Smarty Touch why not create an article on to do it. This is a modern device for modern trucks. But... No write up on it. :duh:

Another one we don't have a write up on is removal of a engine for 24V 2nd Gens. TFaoro would be excellent for doing the write up for complete removal, tear down, etc.

Mike  

I see what your say'n, more participation with the 3rd and 4th Gens is needed. let me run this by yah, what if you created another domain to redirect to this site. IDK, does the search engines penalize for redirecting from one domain and or site to another???  i agree some about the content here and definetly once there in here they ant going nowhere, but I'm thinking more so about first time newbie's who have just bought there first diesel and are spending Daddy's money.

Its the name recognition with these people that i think the site could be loosing when there searching the www..net   for the first time for cummins diesel info.  

Your computer knowledge is far more advanced than most of us can even understand including myself, sure not trying to take anything from that in anyway. Im just trying to help out and do whatever i can to see the site stays alive and does more than survive but succeed's .    This is the #1 site for dodge cummins, and it deserves the recognition .

• Owner

What your get penalized for is the creation date.

Domain Name: MOPAR1973MAN.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS47.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS48.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Updated Date: 22-feb-2015
Creation Date: 04-oct-2007
Expiration Date: 04-oct-2016

So you would have to purchase a domain with the exact terms your looking for that is nearly the same age. Other than that you create a domain with no age and search engine automatic place the oldest domain forward. The rule is the older the domain the more stable. So a 1-3 year old domain is likely to fail so they do not get the search engine strength. So you would have to purchase a domain of at least 8 years old with the name you want. So looking through domain auction sites it can geet rather expensive.

Oh, just for the record the domain record above is not correct I've moved with the change of the server.

So Me78569 was suggesting Cummins1973Man.Com but if I purchase it it will always be 8 years behind so always second rate URL.

https://seo-hacker.com/in-seo-domain-age-matters/

“Off the bat I am going to say yes as we had 2 x domain names which were both 7 and 3 years old respectively.
The 7 year domain name hadn’t actually been used for webhosting and the 3 year one had been running for the 3 years advertising our products. I fired up the 7 year domain name with exactly the same content as the 3 year. To my surprise the 7 year domain name hopped right over the 3 year in keyword rankings. Basically for every keyword the 7 year got to the 1,2 or 3 page. The 3 year was lagging in all categories.
I stipulate that the 7 year had no backlinks and the only thing done to the site was some SEO for keywords etc. The 3 year site got the same SEO upgdate treatment.
So I would have to say that age plays a big role in keyword ranking.”

What needs to happen to improve traffic to the site is to have more 3rd and 4th gen owners creating write ups on how they repair or maintain their trucks. There is very little 3rd Gen articles and there is nothing for 4th gen. So more content more traffic. But since we are lacking modern content we are falling behind. Up here rarely do I get to see a 3rd or 4th gen and most don't live here. Most locals here are still 1st gen and 2nd gen trucks.

Like for example Bill (Wild & Free) installed a Smarty Touch why not create an article on to do it. This is a modern device for modern trucks. But... No write up on it. :duh:

Another one we don't have a write up on is removal of a engine for 24V 2nd Gens. TFaoro would be excellent for doing the write up for complete removal, tear down, etc.

lol. wouldn't be much of a write up since the only thing it needs is to be plugged into the obdII port and suction cup the monitor to the window. I think most could do that. :lmao:

So... You can explain how you hid your wiring. How you setup your setting for best operation. But the fact there is a page about Smarty Touch would gain travel here quickly.

:thumb1:  :thumb1:

Just by having a page titled 3rd GEN smarty TOUCH INSTALL would enable Micheal to submit that page to search engines across the web 

Edited by rburks
  • Like 1

• Owner

:thumb1:  :thumb1:

Just by having a page titled 3rd GEN smarty TOUCH INSTALL would enable Micheal to submit that page to search engines across the web 

Bingo! Just having the page present on the site as a 3rd Gen Smarty touch now gain search engine power. As for submitting. I submit a sitemap every time there is a post made here on the site. So Google and all search engine are very aware of what is posted and what needs to be indexed. Even the ROBOT.TXT file has a line added to point to the sitemap so any non-standard web spider or bot will know without any doubt there is a sitemap and what they can and cannot crawl.

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/robots.txt

• Owner

Just to show... Like there is several 6.7L threads here on the the forum that are push to the top of the first page. It's just a matter of getting more 3rd and 4th gen owners to talk here. Take notice to that other big name in the result and I've got the least amount of 6.7L info but rank near the top. Of course ther is no 6.7L articles at all so there is no article result. Typically the forum.mopar1973man.com and articles.mopar1973man.com wind up taking to results on the first page for most 24V stuff.

post-1-0-16120900-1432305321_thumb.png