• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No left side speakers?

Not sure. I have cd/tape with pillar tweets. I don't think it's anything special. I did some reading and there are many issues with door loom wire breaks. I'll look there first.

Edited by AGPTurbo

I suddenly have no sound from front or rear left speakers. Any ideas before I tear into it?

Okay, here goes. I finally got rid of the factory amps located behind the factory speakers and was able to retain the factory wiring. I just cant bring myself to cut into the factory wiring. It has caused too many issues in the past. By doing it this way if the factory wiring is ever needed, stop by the local just yard and pick up a set of factory door speakers and install them and you are ready to go again. All you do is cut the wires close to the amp located on the factory speakers. My 2001 color codes are as follows;

Violet-front +

Blue-front -

Orange-rear - tie together

Grey-rear - tie together

Brown-rear + tie together

Yellow-rear + tie together

Red-front tweeter +

black-front tweeter -

White-not used - tape this one up

Green-not used - tape this one up

After doing this all the front, rear, left and right controls should work as normal and no running extra wires. This is what I did on my 2001 2500 and it works great. If you ever sell the truck and want to keep all the "good stuff" just put factory speakers back in place and plug them in and you should be good to go.

Ok guys, thanks for the help so far. I took out the radio and probed all the colors that matched up as printed on the radio itself, and I get good ac voltage at the appropriate times when adjusting the fader tto the left side speakers. I also took apart the loom in the door jamb and checked the cconnectors and wires and they looked good. I also probed the wires that connect to the drivers door speaker and I'm getting 12v in the bottom center 2 pins that should power this "amp". I assume that means this "amp" is bad as I have no sound from all 3 left speakers. Would everyone agree?

So if that checks out, I can grab a set of 6x9's, make the wiring change as ricochet mentioned above and I'll be back in business. If the radio could power the speakers, I wonder what the purpose of the amp was in the first place.

• Staff

The amps at the front door speakers are used to power the front speakers. My son changed out the front door speakers with 6x9's and kept the stock radio head. The front speakers have no base but the rear speakers sound good. I'll probably replace the radio with one that will power all the speakers. 

Okay, here goes. I finally got rid of the factory amps located behind the factory speakers and was able to retain the factory wiring. I just cant bring myself to cut into the factory wiring. It has caused too many issues in the past. By doing it this way if the factory wiring is ever needed, stop by the local just yard and pick up a set of factory door speakers and install them and you are ready to go again. All you do is cut the wires close to the amp located on the factory speakers. My 2001 color codes are as follows;

Violet-front +

Blue-front -

Orange-rear - tie together

Grey-rear - tie together

Brown-rear + tie together

Yellow-rear + tie together

Red-front tweeter +

black-front tweeter -

White-not used - tape this one up

Green-not used - tape this one up

After doing this all the front, rear, left and right controls should work as normal and no running extra wires. This is what I did on my 2001 2500 and it works great. If you ever sell the truck and want to keep all the "good stuff" just put factory speakers back in place and plug them in and you should be good to go.

Thanks so much. This works perfectly, and did not require any new speakers. Just bypass the amp and you're good to go. Thanks again