• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone running 2 stroke in other diesels?

dave110

I thought that little skid steer should have a Kubota diesel engine in it but it may be a bit older model than what I used to work on years ago. The smaller ones like that were not too common in my area the 1840 and 1845 models were the most common. I run 2 stroke in my Kubota tractor all the time, let her buck, it isn't going to hurt a thing. :cool:

The bigger newer 1840C and 1845C Case skid steers had a 3.9 4bt cummins in them. :thumb1:

Case made both the gas and diesel offerings if my spec. sources are correct. It's a sweet running little engine. Purrs so nice at idle and has plenty of power for the size machine. I'll try some 2 stroke in it next fill up.

Case made both the gas and diesel offerings if my spec. sources are correct. It's a sweet running little engine. Purrs so nice at idle and has plenty of power for the size machine. I'll try some 2 stroke in it next fill up.

You got me thinking now, can you post a couple pics of the engine itself?

Hey Wild&Free.You may be able to help me if you used to work on the 1840/45's. Not sure if the 1835 is the same or not but there is a plastic cover on a gear oil reservoir at each wheel. I assume to lube the chain as well as the wheel bearings. The right side on mine don't leak but the left side leaks somewhere and collects on the under body floor pan. It doesn't appear to run out of the outside of the axles. For now I keep adding but would like to fix. Any ideas where it my be leaking. Sorry if I'm going off topic on my own thread :ashamed:

Edited by dave110

Yep definitely the Case engine.

Are you sure it is the top cover that leaks, shouldn't be that much oil that splashes up that high to leak? Have you had the floor plate out and look at the orbit drive motors where they mount to the flanges that go into the chain case? This is a good spot for leaks as the chain tensioners are there usually and one has to loosen the flange to get them to move. Are your chain tensioners on the outside by the wheels or under the floor pan my the orbit motors?

There is usually a oil level plug to fill the chain case to as they need just enough oil for the chain and lower couple inches of the sprockets to run in.

• Like 1

It's not the covers, I was just referencing them. I did not remove the floor pan yet but I like your suggestion on the drive motors. I was not sure how that worked but as you explain it that makes perfect sense to me. I'll check it out. Thanks You!!!!