• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hi all,

I will be dropping the pan on the my 47re tonight to install the Mag-Hytec pan and isspro sending unit,

I have not found much info on proper replacement fluid.

I am looking to use the valveoline ATF+4,

any issues with that pick?

Thanks

BTW no idea what i am going to find but i have no issues with the trans so i am not expecting to see much

Brew

Like Me78569 says unless you want to go to Chrysler and get there version of ATF+4 then any brand of ATF+4 will work just as good as the next. I have been using the new DEXVI (Synthetic) for the last 60k and I don't see any difference in it. Trans temps are the same no slipping or anything weird when towing.

I always say the same thing about ATF+4.

In order to have the label ATF+4 it needs to be what Chrysler specs for ATF +4.  I personally just got with whatever it on sale.  

I figured that, but i hate to ASSUME :ahhh::doh:

the store brand is a buck cheaper so i should be fine.

Thanks!

I know the Chrysler ATF is a proprietary mix but what the difference is I have no idea.

I always use the cheap house brand that's why I'm running the DEX VI now it was the cheapest.

ok Thanks,

this is the house brand i will be going with, http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/ORO0/ATF41/N0470.oap?ck=Search_chrysler+atf+3+%26+atf+4_1377569_3743&keyword=chrysler+atf%2B3+%26+atf%2B4

the mag hytec that picked up from Genos garage came with the new filter. did not plan on more then that.

the problem is i really have not idea what i have with this truck,

she has a packbrake that was installed by a PO

the funny thing is, its works just fine when in park idling on a cold morning, but it will not engage while deceling, which leads me to think there is a missing component like a (ATS co pilot) or something like it.

I never took the time to dig in too dig. I would guess there is no way to tell if i had any thing more then a stock tranny is there? (with out tearing it down) 

I need to do the same stuff to my 47re. On the fluid, I'm never afraid to use cheap, SAE labeled stuff. Case in point, I had a 91 pontiac grand am when I was younger. I think we got it with 11k on it and sold it with almost 200k. We ran citgo gas station brand oil every 3k miles as my step dad is a bottler, and could take a case a month based on what made an uneven pallet. When the citgo wasn't being bottled, the same oil was put into chrysler/ mopar bottles- and very rarely that would be brought home too. Even more interesting, when they would bottle john deere oil, it was it's own line and could not be used by any other label brands because it carried no SAE certifications- it was essentially junk.

I remember seeing a long post about trans temp installs and the best place to put them.

Ah ok. Thats figured out. the sending unit is going into the mag hytec and the gauge itself is replacing the little pocket in the dash by the radio. Witing is just about done.

well the surgery is complete,. i have to say, i am very impressed with how clean the trans is, its very likely its not the original trans with ~150k on the clock, way too clean.

I also installed the A pillar pod i picked up from vulcan, not real happy with the lack of mounting tabs. I need to figure that out

post-2541-0-65926200-1431751559_thumb.jppost-2541-0-00024100-1431751563_thumb.jppost-2541-0-06612000-1431751566_thumb.jp