• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2008 Cummins 6.7L delete kit needed

I was wondering about that after looking at things a bit closer, not like my VW where one needs a custom pipe with all the bungs to retain all the sensors in the DPF and emissions system. Just the DPF alone had five sensors mounted directly in it,  2 exhaust temp sensors, 2 pressure differential sensors and an O2 sensor and then the pipe behind the cat had another O2 sensor then there is another egt sensor in the manifold pre-turbo as well. :duh:

• Owner

Like I've said before Diesel World is just like the Muscle Car world of the 1960's. We had big block that produced some serious HP/TQ. Then comes the 70's and start of smog equipment. Really basic just like the VP44 and early CR engines. Then Heavy duty stuff came in the 90s for span. Just like the diesels now with Urea, DPF and EGR and all the sensors. Eventually it will settle down and straighten out again. 

But in the meantime people will buy what every fits their price range. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

You doing the job for him and what did he go with for a tuner?

Something Aden set me up with...

AUTOCAL LEVEL 1 TUNING RETAIL 895.00 PRE LOADED WITH 3 TUNES OR 1 TUNE WITH MULTI POSITION SWITCH

Yes... I'll be doing the job most likely after the 4th July. Parts will be here on the 1st of July.

• Staff

I If he is doing the full kit I would highly caution your public discussion and demonstration of such, especially as you are doing it as a job. There is a reason most shops will not discuss or sell those kits via the phone/internet.

Just my 0.02

• Owner

Edited out the personal info and provider. (Thanks AH64ID) I tend to want to give provider kudos but can't.  :doh:

But the thing is like he says this truck is going to be used in the back country crawling around the hills. As for me doing the work I'm not worried to much just this Rancher wants to do his job without be stranded in the mountains. No worse than buying one of these truck for a Fire Truck and explain to person "Sorry your wife died in a car crash because our fire truck had to Regen" or "Sorry your husband died from a heart attack because the ambulance had to regen to the your house". This is real. Like my fire chief is looking at a extremely cheap fire truck extremely low miles (3,000) but they have to sell it because of the regen problems. But do we want to buy into those problems? :cookoo:

I If he is doing the full kit I would highly caution your public discussion and demonstration of such, especially as you are doing it as a job.

Actually there is a lot of shops I found that will talk about it but the requirement is that the owners sign a document saying its not for on-highway use and the truck leaves on a trailer. Beyond that its up to the owner what he/she does beyond that.

Simply put it... Everything we talk about here is technically illegal. Modification of fuel systems, larger injectors, turbo changes, modify timing curves, changing computer software or programming, retrofitting different engines into different trucks, removal of the stock air filter box, even my own MPG fooler is illegal because its altering a smog device (IAT information). Even my Edge Comp on documents states for "Offroad use only". Like WhiteLightning p-pump conversion is illegal. So basically if you install any device to your vehicle that is not OE then your basically doing illegal action against EPA or CARB depending on where you live. So I'm suppose to worry? :rolleyes:

Show me a completely stock truck here that is unmodified... Might find one... :whistle:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...