• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Performance Tuners

Well my wife heard me talking about this and has gone and ordered an Edge box for me for my birthday.  What a good wife.  That gives me an idea, start looking at clutches.

Edited by WesHawkins
  • Like 3

Took a step closer and installed an EGT gauge.  Seems to work fine but I'm not sure how they are suppose to work.  This shows temps around 300 degrees at idle after warm up and goes up between 500 and 700 degrees with various levels of thottle to 60 mph and then back down to 250 to 300 at idle.  Is this normal for an EGT guage?

I've been running EDGE Juice withe A-Pillar mount monitor w/gauges for 5-6yrs.. No problems, so far, ..i really like it ,,it doesn't really take up a lot of space, its easy to see without being in the way and noticeable if that makes sense...

Edited by rburks

I had the boost and fuel pressure gauge already on the A-Pillar and liked them.  I added the temp gauge to them with a new three gauge A-Piller mount.   My new clutch showed up today so I know what I will be doing this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

A little update.  The past couple of weeks I installed a new clutch in my truck, put the Edge box in and just completed installing a new Pacbrake exhaust brake system.  All made a very nice change for the better in this truck.  The edge box and the exhaust brake will be a good addition when towing our travel trailer. 

I'm just a little concerned how the ehaust brake might negatively effect the internals of the engine.  I don't think it will cause to much harm since it will only be used when towing.

I would like to thank everyone on this site for there opinions that they have provide.  Very good information and good help.

Thanks.

Edited by WesHawkins

what was hauling it at the time :lmao:  :lmao2:

CR jetta

Them dam TDI VW's are to beat on fuel milage....

Yes 2014 "common rail" CR VW Jetta 2.0l 6 speed with full emissions deletes and a tuned ECU, she did a road trip to Minnesota last weekend and did 49.4 mpg @75-80 mph.

• Like 1

The pressures created by the detonation of the diesel far outdo what the the exhaust brake can do.    nothing to really worry about with the EB.   With my he351ve I only see a max of 40-45ish psi on the exhaust side when I am using the brake.  

• Like 1

Yes 2014 "common rail" CR VW Jetta 2.0l 6 speed with full emissions deletes and a tuned ECU, she did a road trip to Minnesota last weekend and did 49.4 mpg @75-80 mph.

WF,,,man thats Great,,i didnt know, i thought ya meant 3rd Gen..ha..ha

how much of a difference Did removing the emissions crap make???

how much of a difference Did removing the emissions crap make???

From her recent road trip which was her first it did 10 mpg better than the best pre delete mileage which she never saw more than 39 mpg. normal dding she is seeing 45ish plus it has a lot more power as the ecu tune added about 35 hp which is a lot for a little 2l engine. It is snappy as all get out compared to when it was stock. :burnout:

She is now doing what our old 03 tdi jetta did for mileage plus this car is a lot bigger overall and way more comfortable and has a bigger engine and way more power. :thumb1:

i test drove a passat last year it was a 2014 and i thought it had urea tank in the trunk, my uncle has a passat and IIRC has the urea tank, i was real close to buying it but i didn't want the hassle of urea fluid, i remember asking the salesman if the urea fluid was covered in the service f plan   

Edited by rburks

Passat is a different animal so it may have been released a year earlier than all the rest of the line.

did you do the DPF & CAT Delete yourself?? //probably dumb question, I'm sure you did

was it very much of a pain

Edited by rburks