• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Crankcase Vent Modification Pieces

I've got two... Tappet cover and the original extended down (METAL) with a bend. I can take pics if anyone would like. I'm actually still trying to figure out where I'm going to route the tappet cover.

:pray:  :pray: picture's please....

If you'd like one in the truck I can try tomorrow, just let me know.

IMG_20150702_231541_083_zps4kuzasqd.jpg

IMG_20150704_111815_160_zpsfspcvoi2.jpg

You can see the tip of the pipe by the ecm here.

IMG_20150705_022159_418_zpsy7qhashr.jpg

Did you have any issues bolting up the ECM,, It looks kinda close in the pictures, i meAN U CAN tell its missing it with no problem but just wandered 

• 6 months later...

Sorry to revive this thread, but figured it's better then starting a whole new one on the same thing.

Looking to get the parts together for this tonight. Is there anything wrong with just doing to 90* bends of pvc, headed straight down in front of the engine, then attaching a bit of hose from there to get it down a little more? I don't really do any 'off roading' other then just dirt roads to go camping or dirt biking and what not, so I shouldn't need to worry about kinking or ripping it off. Plus with a pvc/tubing combo I figured if anything it'd just yank the tube off and the pipe would still be there.

Thoughts?!

Yea Mike, don't know if you saw my comment on that article but I think approximate lengths of tube and at least the size would be a helpful addition. I read that article over a few times, but still had those questions. Glad this thread was already up and cleared things up.

My truck has the 'upgraded' breather valve so I plan on routing it the same way, just with pvc. What sort of pipe sealant are you guys using? Anything special?

• Owner

I'm going to rebuild mine and I'll measure everything out and document it all over again. I just built one for a customer and it turned out perfect. The vent doesn't touch the upper radiator hose. Lined up nice and everything. I've got a few trick like how to get angles set right and glued right. You could build it out of copper and then have it chromed if you really don't like the plastic look.

• Like 1

I'm definitely open to the possibility!

here's what I came up with for now

image2.JPG.6f579a01c1a687542d11d9b9a0d74image3.JPG.0089cb91249222e753de77862ad36

It looks like it sits level with the front pumpkin but it's a little higher. I used the original bent hose and used a push fitting coupler and flexible pvc. Still rigid enough to not move but has enough give if something were to hit it.

Ok how long is that last piece of PVC .... I guess I really don't need to know how long I can messure it my self I just need to know where everyone is putting it so it's safe from plugging up. I wouldn't think you would go back to the transfer case but maybe I'm wrong 

• Owner

Where I live with the mountain roads and offroad use. I've manage to spill over 1 full gallon engine oil right into the fan. I've managed to spill about 1/2 gallon panic stopping on the highway for deer. So the whole easy hang in the front will no solve the actual issue. 

The best solution is to pull the 24V tappet cover and put a 12V cover on. Never worry again about it. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Well if I ever rebuild this engine I'll definitely put the 12v tappet cover on.

I don't off road really at all, but if I do, or have some panic style braking, I'll definitely check my oil levels. Right now what I was mainly concerned about was getting the bottle out from behind my radiator fan to prevent further mess.

3 hours ago, abner99 said:

Ok how long is that last piece of PVC .... I guess I really don't need to know how long I can messure it my self I just need to know where everyone is putting it so it's safe from plugging up. I wouldn't think you would go back to the transfer case but maybe I'm wrong 

I can get a better pic of where mine falls down, but I tucked mine back behind a couple things to keep it from swinging into the radiator fan. If you were to just drop it straight down in front of the engine, there's not to many options of where it's going to go.