• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Question about Torque Managment & De-fueling

• Staff

There is no TM on manuals.... The ECM is programmed differently. At least that's what I've always known. My 5 speed doesn't show any sort of change in power at 25mph.

It has been a long time but I seem to think or remember that 1999 and earlier didn't have TM on a manual trans rig but 2000 and later did.

Manuals do have TM on VP44 trucks, but I don't recall the exact year either... 2000+ sounds correct but???

About 25 MPH TQ management is released. Even my 5 Speed shows it. Right about 25 MPH there is a fairly big change of power. Smarty will reduce this but only partially. A RadBox will kill TQ management completely but you also lose the gauge cluster.

Ya, i read the link W/F posted for The BD Race Box..and hacking into OEM wires,,, :nono:  don't believe i want anything to do with that,  

Ya, i read the link W/F posted for The BD Race Box..and hacking into OEM wires,,, :nono:  don't believe i want anything to do with that,  

So you are running your Edge attitude as a timing only box and the VP44 is untapped then I assume since you don't want to tap OEM wires????????

I Just personally don't like hacking into the OEM wiring harness on any vehicle but especially on the 2nd GEN Automatic, and especially into the ECM Harness, i just smell a recipe for disaster cause you have {meaning guys with Auto 2gen} so many issues with interference and voltage that i just would like to avoid something else to have to eliminate when there is problems, probably not that big of a deal on Manual trucks

• Like 1

There is only one smarty for the 2nd gen.

Smarty alone is my favorite tuner/box alone.

Tst plus smarty is way better than edge in my opinion. Very smooth power compared to the edge.

I Just personally don't like hacking into the OEM wiring harness on any vehicle but especially on the 2nd GEN Automatic, and especially into the ECM Harness, i just smell a recipe for disaster cause you have {meaning guys with Auto 2gen} so many issues with interference and voltage that i just would like to avoid something else to have to eliminate when there is problems, probably not that big of a deal on Manual trucks

Pierce, stab, hack, splice half dozen of one 6 of the other scenario here. The stealth cover is the same principal only you stabbed directly into the brain instead of the nerve lol.  There are many safe ways to splice a wire and no scotch locks are not one of them folks, they should be outlawed period, but from a mechanics stand point troubleshooting and repairing issues they have created over the years has paid many bills and earned us a lot of paychecks for us mechanics over the years lol.

Am i the only one that feels its "NOT SUCH A GOOD IDEA to sever into 2-Major wires going to and thru the ECM Harness.. AS far as the edge box being hooked up..i ran it for a good while before i had anything other than timing cause i refused to hack into the wires, then i found out about the stealth plate. Maybe your right, maybe it's no different but at least the connection isn't exposed. IMHO. ...ANYWAY thats my opinion and you know what they say about opinions....LOL

• Like 1