• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Brake/Park Brake Indicator

My "brake" light :brake: on the instrument cluster comes on from time to time.  I never gave it much thought, because it was the only light illuminated.  I figured it was the switch at the parking brake.  Now...after reading the FSM, it appears this light can also be an indicator of a malfunction in the braking system.  I did not know that.  After reading, if there is a malfunction it is normally accompanied by a "ABS" indicator :abs: .  Like I said, I don't have that, but it appears that is because that light doesn't work.  I went out and turned the key to on and all of the indicator lights come on except the ABS light.

The FSM says that this is a LED that is soldered to the board.  So if this is the case, I guess I can't just swap that out with a functional bulb....that sucks :doh: .  Do normal code scanner read ABS faults or do I have to get something specific?

You can solder a new led on just fine.   Pull the cluster out.  Clip the legs and use a needle nose to pull the legs out of the board, after keeping the tip of the soldiering iron on the leg.

It's a 

5mmLED.jpg

super Easy, 

the PO of my truck decided that they wanted to brake the bulbs rather than fix the issues.