• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gomma bite the bullet I guess

The part I like about my truck now its got a few paint chips, a few small dings, and still shines up awesome but you can still work with it without total panic... :thumbup2:

Agreed ! When the novelty of new paint wears off and I get some dings and scratches, i'll use it like a truck again :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

BTW, any of you notice in my tailgate picture how the trailer hitch is off center of the truck ? I went to a machine shop to get it straightened and the machinist said he thought it's suppose to be that way and he pointed over to his Dodge Ram, exact same thing :shrug: Any ideas why ?

Agreed ! When the novelty of new paint wears off and I get some dings and scratches, i'll use it like a truck again :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

BTW, any of you notice in my tailgate picture how the trailer hitch is off center of the truck ? I went to a machine shop to get it straightened and the machinist said he thought it's suppose to be that way and he pointed over to his Dodge Ram, exact same thing :shrug: Any ideas why ?

No clue why both of yours are like that. Mine is dead nuts centered. Is the mount angled or something or is the receiver just welded an inch past center?

• 1 month later...

Well the wife had a professional photographer in a couple weeks ago to take pics of her horses , our dog and ourselves, of course being a guy I said,"can you snap a couple pictures of my truck while your here?" :lmao: [ATTACH=CONFIG]1631[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1632[/ATTACH]

That the new picture over the fireplace? :lmao: I have a hard time telling Mike, Russ, and you apart, truckwise. Very nice pics though! Wonder if he can magically fix some dents on my truck lol

If she could I would've got her at mine, some peckerhead must've tapped my fender up on the top of it and put a dent about the size of a quarter, right in the center so it stands right out at you when looking back the side of it. Too high for a door ding and I know it wasn't me that put it there :mad:

Nice looking truck I wish mine looked that good :lmao:six deer will do that to a front end though I may get the guts to actually put a picture of it up here but I think it would win the ugliest truck contest :lol: for now cou body is slowly making it back got the doors done and used POR15 and some glazing putty in the large pits and it worked like it should when used properly it will not aid in filling small perforations I found that out two weeks after I got her done that the rust on one read door came back which was where I had little tiny pin holes otherwise POR15 has my vote if you wanna cover mild surface rust and as for your trailer issue I have two questions have you owned it since new? and have you yourself ever jacknifed a trailer? If you have owned it since new and you have jacknifed its just one of Dodges few and far between quarks just like I know 15 people who own a Dodge Ram that I have seen in person and not one of the tailgates is off center but mine is so me and the body man drilled out the mounts and moved it over. just for your information I jacknifed a 16 foot dump trailer on black ice two years ago and it destroyed my bed, rear bumper and did my trailer hitch in it was pushed on an angle out to the side but wasnt to noticeable but once you got under there you could tell it was pushedover and my frame did not get tweeked because the holes on the receiver were elongated to ensure proper positioning of the hitch hope this helps and I hope I can get my truck looking that good soon

That never entered my mind but you may be onto this reason it's like that? I know my wife kind of jacknifed the horse trailer one day to the passenger side. Hmm, jack knifing to the passenger side, that would put the strain on as a pull towards that side wouldn't it, or would it be trying to drive the hitch away from the jack knife?

Well the wife had a professional photographer in a couple weeks ago to take pics of her horses , our dog and ourselves, of course being a guy I said,"can you snap a couple pictures of my truck while your here?" :lmao: [ATTACH=CONFIG]1631[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1632[/ATTACH]

Man thats 'tight'. Now you need to update your profile pic with that side view :) Nice job.:thumbup2:

hard saying that could be the case in my instance mine pushed me and my truck into a spin becuz I dont use trailer brakes :cookoo: they never work right and it pushed my hitch over and the best way to check it is take a straight edge about eighteen inches long and place it along the side of the hitch plate that goes up to the frame check inside outside and then side to side if you follow one end should be on the frame and one on the hitch then take a square and check your frame I just saw ur picture on the last page your frame tabs look tweeked I had to tweak one of mine back just a bit and back there is the one place dodge should have boxed but they didnt so if you got a welder and some 1/8inch plate box that boy up mine is and just so you know I dont mind haveing a stock truck thats got a good base(chasis) and needs more power for towing but that power dont meen nothing if you cant keep ur truck together and I dont care what your truck is if you play around towing the limit of your truck on a frequent basis you ought to do chassis upgrades my :2cents:I have personaly watched a guys rip bumpers off and destroy hitchs trying to recover larger trucks and its all because the guy has big tires and a modded truck stupid ford boy his hitch was left dangling after the town plow truck got done dealing with him I believe it totaled the truck :lol: hope this helps some