• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The time has come to produce the Mopar1973Man High Idle & MPG fooler switches again.

• 2 weeks later...
On December 13, 2015 at 10:30 AM, Me78569 said:

Please let us know,   We have record of the strange behavior so we will be able to pick up the issue if it does happen a month from now.

Thanks For your service, we will take care of your issue if it continues to be a problem.

It's back doing the same issues plus it takes out my temp gauge if I'm driving in 6 cylinder mode also. I tried switching it to the 6 cylinder mode before I start the truck like Moparman said to do in a post which works sometimes. When it goes into the 3 cylinder mode instead of 6 cylinder mode then I've just let it run that way but would like it fixed. 

• Owner

If the truck is parked you can use 3 CYL or 6 CYL mode only.

If the truck is moving or being driven then you can use OFF or MPG mode only.

You cannot use 6 CYL or 3 CYL modes while the truck is moving. 6 CYL mode fools the coolant temp really low so the high idle can start. Which it cannot start because the speed is above 0 MPH and TPS is above an idle. Using either one of these modes will degrade MPG numbers.

• Like 2

I am move them willing to test your switch for you, but I would ensure you aren't trying to drive the truck in high idle mode.

The coolant gauge will go to the bottom if it is in 6 cyl high mode, that is how the switch is designed, without that the switch could not do prolonged high idle mode.

• Like 1

Mike, when is the next batch of switches going to be available?

On 10/10/2015 at 6:49 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Two methods...

1. Dealer and provide the article here. -> http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/64-mopar1973man-com-high-idle-kit/440-tsb-18-019-01-cold-idle-engine-warming
  2. Barrow a Smarty Tuner - Just run one tune the return to stock.

also do you have the new link to this tsb? id like to print it out and get my truck flashed to enable high idle etc...

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR

On 1/24/2016 at 2:27 PM, firemanram said:

It's back doing the same issues plus it takes out my temp gauge if I'm driving in 6 cylinder mode also. I tried switching it to the 6 cylinder mode before I start the truck like Moparman said to do in a post which works sometimes. When it goes into the 3 cylinder mode instead of 6 cylinder mode then I've just let it run that way but would like it fixed. 

We haven't heard anything from you about your switch. Did you want me to test it out for  you?  

The next batch of switches has been made.  we are waiting for the harness to be made. we are hoping get those soon!  please check the store for updates.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Me78569 said:

We haven't heard anything from you about your switch. Did you want me to test it out for  you?  

The next batch of switches has been made.  we are waiting for the harness to be made. we are hoping get those soon!  please check the store for updates.  

Yes, testing it will be fine, not sure why I'm not getting notifications. You have a phone number that I can talk to you first or a email??

Edited by firemanram

Sorry....

Extended idle operation, especially in cold weather, can lead to stuck valves and bent push-tubes due to insufficient cylinder heat. This allows varnishes/oils to condense on the exhaust valve stems, leading to stuck valves, and damaged valve train components. 

When we go hunting, snow and ice can accumulate on Windows requiring warm up prior to driving. Temps in the low teens are common. 3 cylinder high idle seems perfect for these conditions...but do we need to worry about damage to engine?

Edited by joecool911

• Owner
6 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I think they are talking about extended non-high idle idle.

Correct. I use mine quite a bit for exactly what you asking about. I go into the back country to help ranchers from time to time. So spend the night at a remote cabin and get pu in the morning to a windshield loaded with snow and ice. Kick the exhaust brake on and 3 cylinder high idle and pop the EGT's right up to 800*F and heat in the cab in about 5 minutes.