• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The time has come to produce the Mopar1973Man High Idle & MPG fooler switches again.

Well Gang, 

The Board of Directors on the Mopar1973Man.com has decided that we need to produce some new High Idle Switches for the 2nd gen 24V Cummins.  We have spent a considerable amount of time designing a Brand New High Idle / MPG fooler Switch.  

We have learned from the last switch design and have made significant improvements.  The New High Idle / MPG Fooler switch will be the same price as before, but it will be more robust and modular to allow for easier install.  

We have decided to only offer a "Install Anywhere  Kit" rather than a gauge mount or Cubby Mount.  You will nly have to drill one 1/4" hole to allow for the fitment of the switch.  

Some teaser pictures. 

20150929_161411_zpszaiy7q2z.jpg

20150929_161404_zpshximsfww.jpg

We are making 50 switches to start then another run of 50 after that.  You can order them from The Mopar1973Man.com Store I expect to have them ready to ship within a 6 week time. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

The problem is that Cummins originally set up the high idle software for some serious cold temperatures. So normal Joe would have to be in these conditions to get it to start. So with a bit of tinkering I found a way of controlling when and where the high idle software is started.

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/64-mopar1973man-com-high-idle-kit/440-tsb-18-019-01-cold-idle-engine-warming

So if you select 6 cylinder it raises the idle RPM to 1,200 RPM and holds till 175*F then cancels. If you select 3 cylinder mode then it cuts 1,2,3 and fires only on 4,5,6 creating virtual loading on the engine and warms up faster. Still the same it ramps up to 1,200 RPM but with 3 dead cylinders. Now toss a exhaust brake on top and enhance the warm up time to less than 10-12 minutes in -25*F temperatures the engine coolant will be 175*F.

I stopped into DAP to buy my injectors and asked if they still had any of these for purchase.  I guess I'll get in line with the rest of you and wait until these are available.  Hopefully the bank is in a good mood that day so I can pull the trigger and buy one.

• Owner

I stopped into DAP to buy my injectors and asked if they still had any of these for purchase.  I guess I'll get in line with the rest of you and wait until these are available.  Hopefully the bank is in a good mood that day so I can pull the trigger and buy one.

All high idle sales will be here on the site for here on out. We will be the producers, vendors and the support team rolled into one...

• Like 4