• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

lift pump help

Little more advice from you guys got the relay all done not to bad. I had a 15 amp fuse in it blow that after a couple of seconds  so I put a 20 amp fuse in poped that one to. Now I  smell burnt wires have gone over all my connections multiple times and check the relay to make sure I had it in there right. All my connections are tight and with heat shrink on then. Starting to look like my pump is burned up any advice would be helpful

do you have pressure before it blows a fuse? 

What wires do you have doing to what pins on the relay?

30 should be fused from battery, 87 should go to the airdog pos

86 should come from ecm positive leave 85 ground or negative lead from ecm

Edited by Me78569

Yes it was at 15 and slowly falling. Battery is 30.   87 pos raptor.  86 yellow wire off the oem harness  85 grounded on firewall  I did ground the negative on the Raptor and never did anything with the ground on the oem plug 

that's fine.

Yes your raptor has bit the dust.  It is a good thing you got it pulled off the ECM power.   If you try to keep running the pump I would expect issues with wires burning up.  

your issue is that the seals inside the raptor have failed ( like they are known for, I went through 5 pumps in 1.5 years)  this is causing the pump to draw a buttload of amps trying to keep up.

• Staff

Recheck your wiring too You don't want to chance burning any new wiring. I'm glad you are getting this figured out with others as I'm commuting a total of 3 hours a day plus putting in the usual 8 hrs.

One very important thing about fuses. If one blows don't go changing the fuse size because then your wiring becomes the fuse and that's expensive/ time consuming to change out.

I think I spent more time checking the wiring then it took me to put it in.thats why I stopped at a 20 amp fuse you would think a 15 would hold it . I plan on checking it again when I get off work today. As for a new pump does the fass 150 come with all new fuel lines or does it connect to the stock ones. It doesn't  say anything about running new lines in the description 

36 minutes ago, catnhat said:

They are about the same price I am guessing that the fuel boss comes with all new fuel lines to 

Not all new fuel lines.  If I remember right, mine came with new that connected to the hard line coming from the tank under the driver's floor board.  From there it splits and goes to the stock pump (if it located on the block) and to the Fuel Boss.  From the fuel boss to the filter housing.  I opted to buy and install the Big Line kit form GDP so that improved the line leaving the filter housing and going to the IP

It does come with enough 3/8" fuel line to go from the pressure regulator (that you install) back to the filler neck at the tank (you will have to install a T to allow for this return, all of this is included with the tank). 

• Staff

It comes with all the hose and hardware you'll need and installs in 2-3 hours depending on if you put in a back up lift pump for priming and starting or not. I have an Airtex fuel pump in line but have it unplugged when I found that I don't need it for start ups. DSCN0021.thumb.JPG.46bfb772088928c1c3f62This link will give you the install instructions for the Fuel Boss.     http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/images/PDFs/98.5-02-Fuel-Boss-Install-Manual.pdfoss   

Edited by IBMobile
double post