intercooler constant tension clamps

If anyone would like to update their intercooler clamps to the spring style. I have all the mopar part numbers. I don't think they change the springs to this style until 2002. 

6 Small clamps 52028980aa

2 large clamps 52028979aa

1 intercooler pipe 52027990aa

1 intercooler pipe 52027516ab

2 intake pipes 52027815ab

20151211_093753.jpg

• Like 3

Good to know, thanks. Did Mopar beef up the boots (more plys) for higher boost? When I replaced my boots and clamps I went with Vulcan VPMax boots and clamps, which is rated for 100psi and are a 5 ply silicone design, for right around $200. They were definitely thicker and stiffer than stock. 

The boots are the same. I have a 1999 and wanted the spring clamps. I cross reference the part number with an high output 2002. The boot p\n stayed the same   the clamps got upgraded to spring style. I had a boot slip off the hot side so just ordered the whole deal. The price was right, free. Haha. One of the perks working at a dodge dealer:ahhh:

Alot of factory parts are no longer made or are vintage parts now. I got a bell housing (apps)  It took 3 month to get here. Luckily nothing was wrong with the old one . I had one hiccup with the original apps sensor. 

43 minutes ago, CSM said:

I'll have to check mine.  It may have spring clamps, and it doesn't have a cad.

If you don't know you haven't torn it apart enough! :lol: 

I don't think it matters which one you use. I have both on my truck and neither have blown off @70psi.

Edited by TFaoro
  • Like 1