• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Heated mirrors working?

It's getting cold and I'm wondering if my heated mirrors are working before it gets icy. I noticed the heated emblem on the mirror itself and was wondering if that is supposed to light up too when on? Most likely going to put some tow mirrors on, but want to check before diving into that project.

thanks

3 hours ago, Direwolf said:

Thanks guys. I have the dash switch and it does light up so I'll presume all is working. Now just have to decide on some tow mirrors. Anyone have any experience with the ones from a1auto?

do you have a link to the ones you looked at? I believe that is the ones that I have. $200 for the pair as I recall. 

12 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yes. They work well even in minus temperatures at road speed. They will produce enough heat to shed frost and ice while even traveling.

I have heated mirrors and I have yet to feel enough heat coming from them to melt ice. I wonder if they even work. 

All it has to do is keep the mirror above freezing to shed the ice. The freezers that we install in restaurants all have a heater in the door to keep the gaskets from freezing to the door frame. The used to get so hot that you could not leave them on unless the freezer was on. They would actually melt the gasket material. Many years ago they all changed over to ones that you cannot feel the heat in them any more but the melt the ice. So they dont really have to feel warm to do the job.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I remember those days... Dave is right the mirrors don't get hot or even warm to the touch. Just warm enough to shed the frost or ice. They do also get warm enough to help dry the mirrors of but it takes quite awhile to do.

This I have noticed. It also helps clear the fog.

• Like 1