• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

4wd System Refresh np241DHD rebuild.

since my vacuum actuator was bad I decided to just lock the front axle over in 4wd mode.    Hopefully my grinding issue goes away. 

If so I will get a new one, but I need to stop blindly throwing money at this noise.

I am happy to report that my grinding issue is no more.  The cad was causing it.  I am guessing that when the alignment people put it up in the air on my vacation that they damaged it.  Or just random timing that it started right after they put it in the air.

Interestingly enough the front end "clunk" I have been chasing since I got the truck is somehow related to the cad also.  I no longer have it......

So the front end needs, 1 ball joint ( will replace all 4) , and a vacuum actuator.   I think I am going to go ahead and swap in the ford outer hubs.  cost will be the same and I might be able to get rid of the clunk by getting rid of the CAD system completely.

• Owner
13 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I think I am going to go ahead and swap in the ford outer hubs.

But you going to throw way the CF's often talked about 2WD LO abilities. Everyone what to be able to keep their 2WD LO on the transfer case. :rolleyes:

Personally, I tend to agree with you the whole CAD axle design is PITA and typically adds more problems to simple system. 

yep, 

The pull and pay is $14 per side to pull brake and hub.  Gonna pull them, rebuild them on the bench then swap them in.  Just need to figure out any other details in the process.

that is all assuming that the junkyard has the parts.  The CAD was removed from all 9 of the dodge trucks at the yard...

Edited by Me78569